Injury Report: NHL Season to be postponed

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
That doesn't make sense though.
Suspended the season yesterday, allow practice next week?

What happened overnight that made it safe to share rinks and change rooms again

That it wasn’t that big of a deal or that very little people in the NHL had contracted it? I’m not sure but it seems like the NHL has deemed this to be something they can monitor

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What about if they treat this like the offseason. We do a short training camp in August, play the playoffs August into September, Cup is awarded and then a week later(quick draft and free agency?) the next season starts. Perhaps free agency happens in advance, contracts are signed but don't take effect until the playoffs end. Draft sort of has to wait for the final results. Would be strange for sure, kind of like when there's a rink issue late in a period that they can't fix they do the intermission, then play the end of the period and start the next period right after. You do what you have to in a weird situation. Sports like golf have gone to an offseason mis-season, and while that's obviously different as each week is a new event and the playoffs aren't the most important thing it's better than rushing a July playoffs and then rushing a month offseason IMO.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Florida has to win a lot more games. Toronto's odds are still way better

Who did announce this sire?

Straight from imagination

Sportsnet actually reported that earlier. I doubt this is legit though.

Sportsnet reported it and it came right from Donald Fehr

Found a link:

Bettman: NHL players in isolation while season is on hold

It's speculation but was reported

mikesterp

Mar 18, 2020
c0x90eae6am41.jpg

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Just announced NHL may allow training again starting next week.

By all accounts the NHL is going to return this year

This sounded ridiculously stupid then, and it sounds even worse now. Only the NHL would be dumb enough to suggest something like that. Well, right up there with the IOC holding firm that the Summer Olympics will go on as scheduled.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
FYI a make you laugh line here. God knows we all need a LOL.

I was talking to an old friend from Raleigh today about a golf trip we may be part of to Hilton Head in fall. And i could not believe it but I said to him what do you think of Canes season. and he says to me yeah it was great to win the Cup and too bad for your team but were going to win it again this year too. so i says no that was like 10 years ago and he says no I was there we beat out New York last spring and won it again. and he actually believed it. I had to explain to him that was only the 2nd round to win the Metro division title.

Now I realize he is only an occasional fan who does not even know a hockey stick but still a heavy sports guy who loves Nascar and who likes golf. But people there really have no clue about hockey or their team. Kinda like how people in Toronto would think of our rugby team.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
FYI a make you laugh line here. God knows we all need a LOL.

I was talking to an old friend from Raleigh today about a golf trip we may be part of to Hilton Head in fall. And i could not believe it but I said to him what do you think of Canes season. and he says to me yeah it was great to win the Cup and too bad for your team but were going to win it again this year too. so i says no that was like 10 years ago and he says no I was there we beat out New York last spring and won it again. and he actually believed it. I had to explain to him that was only the 2nd round to win the Metro division title.

Now I realize he is only an occasional fan who does not even know a hockey stick but still a heavy sports guy who loves Nascar and who likes golf. But people there really have no clue about hockey or their team. Kinda like how people in Toronto would think of our rugby team.

Several years ago I was on a training course in Tampa Bay. One guy in the class professed to be a huge hockey fan, lived in Philly and loved the Flyers. We started talking about great American born players of all time. He told me his favorite was Mike Bossy. He sure was dis-appointed when I corrected him.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Well we got 7 more weeks minimum if everyone can handle da cocooning for a few more weeks. TBH for me I am already starting to feel like a little claustrophobic after a week. It is going to be rough. Too much time spent emailing, texting, on internet, with TV, Fortnight etc etc. I think I am going to get into cooking next. Going to try this weekend for 3 meals with da wife tutoring me. Should be interesting.

Reactions: taurine330

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Some of you guys know subscribed to the Athletic, but Dom Luszczyszyn is doing a project what would happen if the season wasn't suspended. In the 4 games so far, he has us winning against Nashville, losing against Boston, and then wins against the Devils and Islanders. We have a 3 point lead against Florida. He is updating it every day and the results of each game.
He also has the Islanders losing their 12 straight game.

Reactions: taurine330

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad