OT: Official COVID-19 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
This was 10 days ago, so they've been well established in their Twin Cities homes for a while, waiting for training camp to start on Friday. The Swedes need two weeks quarantine, so they were not on this flight from Helsinki.

The chartered flight landed at JFK, and the Wild sent a jet to pick up Koivu, Kahkonen and Zuccarello. This way they avoided the quarantine rule.

A bit weird that they haven’t stepped on the ice with the others at TRIA if they’re already there.

4th person from the left looks like Jonas Brodin.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
A bit weird that they haven’t stepped on the ice with the others at TRIA if they’re already there.

They have, in small groups. Media is not allowed to be there, not even the coaches.

4th person from the left looks like Jonas Brodin.

Not him. You know the Swedes are banned from all other Nordic countries, so they couldn't travel to Helsinki to catch this flight. They also have to quarantine in the US.

P10p

May 15, 2012
True its just so random cause someone like Kunin could be at really high risk just being a diabetic. Older players with multiple surgery recoveries, you have to wonder what complications that we just don't really know for sure could have.

Either way ideally no Shenigans and we get to see some hockey again or just shut it all down.

This is a perfect example of how I said everyone has their own opinion about the virus. Calling people idiots for being concerned then backtracking to make it seem like you are understanding only to Double down at the end.

Its not a matter of opinion. Its a matter of ignoring very real data. This virus isn't what people make it out to be....

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
People like who? You?

Are you an expert in the field, or just a guy in a hockey forum pretending to be one?

Reactions: Webster

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Its not a matter of opinion. Its a matter of ignoring very real data. This virus isn't what people make it out to be....

Well I prefer listening to doctors and experts, and I disagree with your opinion...

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
We don't know what this virus is long term yet. To say there is concrete data either way is lying.

Reactions: TaLoN

P10p

May 15, 2012
People like who? You?

Are you an expert in the field, or just a guy in a hockey forum pretending to be one?

The data clearly shows that if you're under 40, your chance of dieing is less then a half of a percent. But sure, listen to CNN and their "doctors"

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The data clearly shows that if you're under 40, your chance of dieing is less then a half of a percent. But sure, listen to CNN and their "doctors"
It's not just about "dying".

COVID causes increased hospitalization rates across all age groups. COVID patients who are hospitalized have proven to have much longer stays in hospitalization than others, locking up resources.

This results in hospitals being overrun... they run out of resources to treat new patients and thus have to turn people away.

It's being reported now in Texas hard hit areas, because of full hospitals, people are being turned away and have to go 50+ miles for treatment.

That is an absolute tragedy no matter the cause and nobody should be accepting of the situation. This results in people dying from all causes to jump as well.

Suddenly, someone in a car crash has no local resources for treatment. That 50+ mile trip to the hospital could mean that individual has no chance. Someone has a heart attack? Might as well drive them to the morgue instead. No chance.

Yes, if you're under 40 with no underlying conditions, you have a very good chance of survival... but you also could easily spread it to many in the large population who are more vulnerable, cause more hospitalizations which over stretch the health system more and thus make things even worse.

Two entire counties in Texas have zero available hospital capacity.

Hospitals in at least two Texas counties at full capacity amid statewide spike in coronavirus cases
Judge Eloy Vera of Starr County wrote in a Facebook post that there had been 18 coronavirus-related deaths in the county and that two seriously ill patients were flown out of the area for treatment.
"The local and valley hospitals are at full capacity and have no more beds available. I urge all of our residents to please shelter-in-place, wear face coverings, practice social distancing and AVOID GATHERINGS," he wrote.
Judge Richard Cortez in neighboring Hidalgo County issued a similar warning, asking residents to shelter in place and wear face coverings to try to blunt the rapid spread of the virus.
“HIDALGO COUNTY HOSPITALS ARE AT CAPACITY,” he tweeted. “Celebrate 4th of July responsibly, SHELTER-IN-PLACE and avoid gatherings of 10+ people. Wear a face covering and social distance. Protect yourself and your family.”
But hey, this must just be all overblown.

Last edited:

P10p

May 15, 2012
It's not just about "dying".

COVID causes increased hospitalization rates across all age groups. COVID patients who are hospitalized have proven to have much longer stays in hospitalization than others, locking up resources.

This results in hospitals being overrun... they run out of resources to treat new patients and thus have to turn people away.

It's being reported now in Texas hard hit areas, because of full hospitals, people are being turned away and have to go 50+ miles for treatment.

That is an absolute tragedy no matter the cause and nobody should be accepting of the situation. This results in people dying from all causes to jump as well.

Suddenly, someone in a car crash has no local resources for treatment. That 50+ mile trip to the hospital could mean that individual has no chance. Someone has a heart attack? Might as well drive them to the morgue instead. No chance.

Yes, if you're under 40 with no underlying conditions, you have a very good chance of survival... but you also could easily spread it to many in the large population who are more vulnerable, cause more hospitalizations which over stretch the health system more and thus make things even worse.

Two entire counties in Texas have zero available hospital capacity.

Hospitals in at least two Texas counties at full capacity amid statewide spike in coronavirus cases

But hey, this must just be all overblown.

CDC reports a TOTAL amount of cases at ~2.8million. Considering the population of the USA ~328million....

I get it, math is hard and listening to news stations pump this up for views and clicks is easy..

But for those counting at home, thats roughly a 0.85% chance to even get affected. So you're putting up all this stink over a 0.85% chance????

Lets not even get into the fact that over 50% of cases are asymptomatic(no symptoms).

And again, this is just the chance of infection. When you go even deeper into the chance of real damage to the lungs, you're looking at a better chance of winning the lottery.

But sure, don't go to the Center for Disease Control for data, go ahead and post anecdotal evidence from "the hill"....

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
CDC reports a TOTAL amount of cases at ~2.8million. Considering the population of the USA ~328million....

I get it, math is hard and listening to news stations pump this up for views and clicks is easy..

But for those counting at home, thats roughly a 0.85% chance to even get affected. So you're putting up all this stink over a 0.85% chance????

Lets not even get into the fact that over 50% of cases are asymptomatic(no symptoms).

And again, this is just the chance of infection. When you go even deeper into the chance of real damage to the lungs, you're looking at a better chance of winning the lottery.

But sure, don't go to the Center for Disease Control for data, go ahead and post anecdotal evidence from "the hill"....
You realize all that is with the extreme mitigation that we did through March-June?

The problem? People thought it was over in June and tried going back to normal like it was all over... that is when AZ, Florida and Texas started blowing up.

It's not just media hype that hospitals are being overrun, that is a fact reported by the officials in the regions being overrun. If mitigation tactics aren't put in place, it will continue to happen. That is also a fact. Not just media hype.

The reason Minnesota isn't in that same boat? Thankfully because most of the citizens here are taking things seriously and are social distancing and wearing masks.

P10p

May 15, 2012
You realize all that is with the extreme mitigation that we did through March-June?

The problem? People thought it was over in June and tried going back to normal like it was all over... that is when AZ, Florida and Texas started blowing up.

It's not just media hype that hospitals are being overrun, that is a fact reported by the officials in the regions being overrun. If mitigation tactics aren't put in place, it will continue to happen. That is also a fact. Not just media hype.

The reason Minnesota isn't in that same boat? Thankfully because most of the citizens here are taking things seriously and are social distancing and wearing masks.

Literally everything you posted is null when you actually read what I posted... 0.85% chance to be infected by the disease... The hospitals being overrun are few and far in between. Mostly fueled by media hype...

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Literally everything you posted is null when you actually read what I posted... 0.85% chance to be infected by the disease... The hospitals being overrun are few and far in between. Mostly fueled by media hype...
That chance of being infected is data gathered when most of the country was in lockdown. Remove the lockdown, chances go up.

And it's not the media that was announcing those counties hospitals are all full, those were county officials telling their citizens.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Sorry, worded wrongly. Less than 1% of the USA has been infected. Point stands.

No, it literally doesn't. Most states went into lockdown. Reducing the chance for infeciton. You literally are blind due to Faux News.
Hey! I can still win the lottery if I don't buy a ticket. The math is there! Are argument is stupid. Take this shit seriously. I know people who have been infected by it. They've described their symptoms and how they've felt and wouldn't wish that on their worse enemy.

Again, take this shit seriously. Just because you MIGHT not be infected or affected doesn't mean that other's aren't. TAKE THIS SHIT SERIOUSLY.

EDIT: You mention 2.8mill of cases. That's actually 2.8mill CONFIRMED cases. This is in lieu of somebody wanting to reduce testing, testing not being widely available. As of right now we're seeing ~45k more confirmed cases each day. Your percentage will only climb, if you want to use that illogical methodology for expressing the severity of COVID-19.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The U.S. positivity rate on July 3rd was 8%.
That's a bad thing. Stats from the CDC say if you're above 5% you're not testing enough, there is a large portion of community spread that is happening undetected.

You have no hope of getting control of the pandemic if you're not under 5%.

As seen in AZ, Florida and Texas whose positivity rates are atrocious... 13.4%, 15% and 13.1% respectively.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
That's a bad thing. Stats from the CDC say if you're above 5% you're not testing enough, there is a large portion of community spread that is happening undetected.

You have no hope of getting control of the pandemic if you're not under 5%.

As seen in AZ, Florida and Texas whose positivity rates are atrocious... 13.4%, 15% and 13.1% respectively.

Some close relatives of science are saying their positivity is toward negativity. True heroes, law & order!....
.....and bleach transfusions for hamberders.

P10p

May 15, 2012
No, it literally doesn't. Most states went into lockdown. Reducing the chance for infeciton. You literally are blind due to Faux News.
Hey! I can still win the lottery if I don't buy a ticket. The math is there! Are argument is stupid. Take this shit seriously. I know people who have been infected by it. They've described their symptoms and how they've felt and wouldn't wish that on their worse enemy.

Again, take this shit seriously. Just because you MIGHT not be infected or affected doesn't mean that other's aren't. TAKE THIS SHIT SERIOUSLY.

EDIT: You mention 2.8mill of cases. That's actually 2.8mill CONFIRMED cases. This is in lieu of somebody wanting to reduce testing, testing not being widely available. As of right now we're seeing ~45k more confirmed cases each day. Your percentage will only climb, if you want to use that illogical methodology for expressing the severity of COVID-19.

Make assumptions all you want. Your argument is still laughable in the face of data.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Make assumptions all you want. Your argument is still laughable in the face of data.
There is no data on the long term effects of this.
Nor is there proper data on who has been infected and at what rate because so many people can get this and have no clue and not be tested.
Honestly...stop trying to downplay this.

P10p

May 15, 2012
There is no data on the long term effects of this.
Nor is there proper data on who has been infected and at what rate because so many people can get this and have no clue and not be tested.
Honestly...stop trying to downplay this.

Actually there is data, you're just ignoring it. There is the CDC data I showed, and even if you multiply the cases confirmed by 4 you end up with a whopping 3.5% of the United states.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Actually there is data, you're just ignoring it. There is the CDC data I showed, and even if you multiply the cases confirmed by 4 you end up with a whopping 3.5% of the United states.

Oh there's concrete data? What percentage of the population of the US has been tested?
Not to mention, people will need to be tested multiple times. Just because I don't have it now, doesn't mean I won't have it in a week, or month. You're looking at this as if it's a controlled study. The truth is the status of this virus is ever changing.

Without looking it up, what's the R0 (R-Naut) of the virus? You seem to be an expert, so I'm curious on how much you actually know.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I for one trust the experts at places like Mayo Clinic over anyone else when it comes to this type of thing...

COVID-19: More questions, more answers on myths and facts
I think that is a very dangerous myth, as is the myth that younger people don't need to worry. This is a serious disease. Let me put it this way. Last week in the U.S., there were 18,000 cases. Today, there are over 85,000 known cases. There is no evidence that this is going to end soon. We are talking about taking these maneuvers for months ― plural ― not weeks. This is a very dangerous. It is rapidly evolving and a very dynamic situation. It is imperative that we decrease human-to-human transmission to flatten this curve so that the hospital and medical system is capable of responding and not overrun. In some of our larger cities, they are preparing tents, refrigerated trucks for the anticipated bodies.

That was in March, after Italy was overrun...New York was struggling with capacity issues.

Here we are months later, people still denying it... now we're getting hospitals facing the same thing as a result.

This isn't media driven. This is a serious pandemic.

You don't get much of the world going into lockdown because of US media. You do though because of 500k+ deaths from a single disease in 4 months despite being under severe mitigation efforts trying to slow the spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->