Confirmed with Link: NHL season officially postponed due to COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
jeez when I tore my ACL, meniscus and MCL and they told me it would be 6 months for my surgery I was fine with it cause I figured I’d survive as opposed to someone who you know needed heart surgery and had to go in right away. In fact my dad needed stents put in and had it done within 3 days.

I know I’m not selfish enough to care that I had to wait 6 months for acl surgery (so I could play sports) so someone else’s dad could have heart surgery for free and live right away.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
CNN is reporting that James Dyson, the vacuum cleaner king in the United Kingdom, built a ventilator from scratch in 10 days....and has now filled an order for 10,000 from the British Government.

Trouble is, I don't think anyone actually manufactures vacuum cleaners in the U.S. any more.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
CNN is reporting that James Dyson, the vacuum cleaner king in the United Kingdom, built a ventilator from scratch in 10 days....and has now filled an order for 10,000 from the British Government.

Trouble is, I don't think anyone actually manufactures vacuum cleaners in the U.S. any more.

Huh? Took an order, but uncertain as to when production/delivery will be done? Reports are the earliest they will be ready is "early April". I wouldn't . . . hold your breath . . .

Last edited:

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I was wrong about many things about this virus, but totally correct with how terrible the US response was.

It is really sad they are just going to be overwhelmed to no end, and I think the world economy will suffer for it.

So many Americans are going to die while they fruitlessly try and restart their economy. Very Sad.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
I was wrong about many things about this virus, but totally correct with how terrible the US response was.

It is really sad they are just going to be overwhelmed to no end, and I think the world economy will suffer for it.

So many Americans are going to die while they fruitlessly try and restart their economy. Very Sad.

Trump does not have a say as to the timetable of when things re-open. It's not up to him. It's up to Governors. Thankfully, many (not all) of them are far more rational and can understand modeling.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Trump does not have a say as to the timetable of when things re-open. It's not up to him. It's up to Governors. Thankfully, many (not all) of them are far more rational and can understand modeling.

Sure but look at how far behind they are, look how under prepared they are, some of this is directly tied to Trump. He got rid of the task force, and at least was behind on preparing the country for what was to come, and thanks to his public address had people not taking it seriously.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Trump wants them to re-open on Easter, fill the church’s and get people out there.

Absolutely insane.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I would be happy to let Trump go to a Church on Easter full of people... maybe one in Northern Italy? Or New York if he wants to be closer to home... could he go earlier?

This man is so desperate to get the market up again he’s willing to sacrifice the American people to go out on Easter.

And I’m sure some right wing nuts are gonna do it cause his ‘leadership’ said so.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I used to run into people who seemed to be proud of the fact that they never voted; took no interest in government or politics; and had the view that 'nothing the government does will ever affect me'. Or you often hear: "I have 50 'Twitter followers' so I figure if something important happens, they'll tell me."

WRONG...WRONG...WRONG.......What you don't know or are too apathetic to care about, can put you in the hospital in intensive care; or worse, in a casket.

That's what makes Trump's half-truths; almost complete falsehoods and at times,outright lies so lethal. It's not about politics any more. They can kill you or members of your family.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Totally, it goes back to my earlier comment. His leadership is just awful and causing more Americans to die needlessly.

Also, Trump thanking has been actors like that shit crony James Woods in Twitter like his words mean a damn anymore.

Trump getting info from James Woods and Rush Limbaugh, who said earlier that Trump should t get medical advice from the ‘deep state’ ... is downright garbage and giving these right wing but jobs even 15 minutes of the people’s time is nauseating.

Also, f*** James Woods whom today praised Trump on what a job well done he’s been doing during this pandemic....when the US has the highest number of Corona Virus cases through the roof and ignored multiple intelligence warnings from his cabinet.

But no, let’s see what James f***ing Woods and Rush fatass Limbaugh have to say.

By the way, f*** James Woods and the high horse his ass rode on.

Hockeyphysio

Jul 2, 2018
I feel fairly impressed with BC's response right now. Working in the hospital there is a ton of communication. Its also nice to see the community support the workers.

America is terrifying and I do wonder how much social upheaval we will see there when its all said and done

Reactions: yvrtojfk

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I feel fairly impressed with BC's response right now. Working in the hospital there is a ton of communication. Its also nice to see the community support the workers.

America is terrifying and I do wonder how much social upheaval we will see there when its all said and done
Well if you have the money, you’ll get the healthcare you need. For the rest of the plebs there, you’re S.O.L..

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
C'mon, I am not trump support and I think he is an idiot. However, he is not wrong. Social distancing cannot cure coronavirus. If hot weather cannot kill the virus, what can we do.

We need to find a way to open some counties / prov.. With the quick test kits (5 mins in USA, 30 secs in TWN) are avaiable right now, we can set up few coronavirus free zone in the country. So that, some people can safely go back to work and start to manufacture products, goods, food. Don't think about the market or Econ. or anything. It is the livinghood for all of us.

BTW, today was the second time that China tried to restart their Econ. let see :popcorn:

Last edited:

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
C'mon, I am not trump support and I think he is an idiot. However, he is not wrong. Social distancing cannot cure coronavirus. If hot weather cannot kill the virus, what can we do.

We need to find a way to open some counties / prov.. With the quick test kits (5 mins in USA, 30 secs in TWN) avaiable right now, we can set up few coronavirus free zone in the country. So that, some people can safely go back to work and start to manufacture products, goods, food. Don't think about the market or Econ. or anything. It is the livinghood for all of us.

BTW, today was the second time that China tried to restart their Econ. let see :popcorn:

Its not even about curing, its about slowing it down at this point. Its a run away train in the US. Social distancing is proving to work in other places at slowing it down.

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Its not even about curing, its about slowing it down at this point. Its a run away train in the US. Social distancing is proving to work in other places at slowing it down.
I know :popcorn:. It is flatten the curve. However, without cure and vaccine, few infected will kill your whole working system off. Just look at HK now, competely shxt storm now.

Did you read the next sentence?

Last edited:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I know :popcorn:. It is flatten the curve. However, without cure and vaccine, few infected will kill your whole working system off. Just look at HK now, competely shxt storm now.

Were you under the impression all food and medical production has ceased anywhere? It hasn't. Essential services are still running. Research into vaccines and treatments is all still ongoing. Quarantine protocols exist to slow and hopefully prevent the spread of the disease while all that's going on.

Reactions: racerjoe

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver

I did read your quote, but do you not understand the issue with having the workforce go back and infect everyone is?

I am not saying China isn't having issues, just way less people will die, which is probably more important.

Look at the US way the catapulted to the most cases, with no sign of slowing down. A cure is at the very least 8 months away. If you don't slow it down the mortality rate will be much higher.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
Were you under the impression all food and medical production has ceased anywhere? It hasn't. Essential services are still running. Research into vaccines and treatments is all still ongoing. Quarantine protocols exist to slow and hopefully prevent the spread of the disease while all that's going on.
Don't strawman me here :rolleyes:

don't know where you are; few local farms ran into low demand (most of the restaurants were closed) and social distancing. Then, few counties implement food export restrictions. I am not saying we are heading to famine. Just we need to think ahead, instead of hoping the hot weather will kill the virus.

May be you are working in essential servies industry, so don't really understand :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad