Confirmed with Link: NHL Salary Cap To Rise 4.5-5.0M to 79.5-80M

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I don't know why people are excited about the cap going up.

The Big 3 extensions will be based on cap hit percentage. We should hope for small growth until they're signed.

Thankfully, $79.5 is on the lower end of the earlier speculations. Not too bad. I would like to see Matthews and Marner signed before a potential bigger jump next season.

It also means that existing contracts start to look a LOT better.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
That gives the Islanders of 32million in room...I'm still hoping we get a chance to swoon JT but I'm really doubting it now.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
I wonder now with cap set if we see more action with UFAs like Tavares, Carlson, and guys that have a year left like Doughty. Kind of a joke though. NHL sets record profits and it didnt crack 80mill

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
I think JT is staying in NYI at this point. New GM, new coach, lots of cap space, etc. He may take interviews and spend a week getting wined and dined because hey, why not, but I'd be shocked if he left the Island now.

As for the rising cap potentially making the big three deals more expensive look on the bright side, they'll look a lot better after Seattle is in the league and the cap rises to about $85M.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->