NHL RTP (Phases 3 & 4)

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
So teams are allowed to being 31 players. An unlimited amount of goalies (that count among the 31).

The players with * next to their name is confirmed to be in Montreal.

Also, I added Domi but we don't know if he'll be allowed to play.

1- Gallagher*
2- Danault*
3- Tatar*
4- Suzuki
5- Drouin*
6- Byron*
7- Kotkaniemi*
8- Lehkonen*
9- Armia*
10- Weise*
11- Weal*
12- Evans
13- Weber*
14- Petry
15- Chiarot
16- Mete*
17- Alzner
18- Kulak
19- Folin*
20- Ouellet
21- Price*
22- Lindgren
23- Domi (TBD if he is allowed to participate)
24- Hudon*
25- Juulsen*
26- Dauphin* (he's been there since the start of Phase 2)

There would be 5 spots left to fill. Unless Domi is deemed unfit to play. Then there would be 6 spots to fill. And who knows if others will opt out.

Forwards options: Poehling, Vejdemo, Blandisi, Lucchini, Verbeek, Alain, Pezzetta, Teasdale & Belzile

Teasdale hasn't played or practiced all year. Belzile last played December 4th. Both have been out long term.

Defense options: Fleury, Leskinen, Brook & Olofsson.

Goalie options: Primeau & McNiven*

McNiven has been there since the start of Phase 2. But who knows if he will included.

Primeau for sure and probably Poehling and Fleury too. Not many spots left after that.

I was under the impression it was 30 skaters + however many goalies you wanted... guess they changed it in the end? Not sure

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I'm really split on this whole playoffs. I'm always all for "going for it" - and a big part of me wants to see us win, and see Carey Price go on an inspired run and get very far in these playoffs, and who knows, maybe win the whole thing. But I know how unlikely that is. And I'd love for a shot at Lafreniere.

Also - Pitt is my second favorite team, and legitimate cup contenders. So if we eliminate them in round 1 only to flame out early ourselves, both my teams are out and we don't get Lafreniere. I guess best case is for us to lose in a valiant 5 game effort to Pitt, and come back stronger w/Lafreniere next year

12.5% odds at Lafreniere. That's a hair under what the 2nd worst team in the league usually has for odds at #1, so really really good odds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
This thread needs a better/more clear title

I'm really split on this whole playoffs. I'm always all for "going for it" - and a big part of me wants to see us win, and see Carey Price go on an inspired run and get very far in these playoffs, and who knows, maybe win the whole thing. But I know how unlikely that is. And I'd love for a shot at Lafreniere.

Also - Pitt is my second favorite team, and legitimate cup contenders. So if we eliminate them in round 1 only to flame out early ourselves, both my teams are out and we don't get Lafreniere. I guess best case is for us to lose in a valiant 5 game effort to Pitt, and come back stronger w/Lafreniere next year

12.5% odds at Lafreniere. That's a hair under what the 2nd worst team in the league usually has for odds at #1, so really really good odds.
All 8 teams that lose, all share the 12.5% odds though.......
Dare to dream.....the hockey gods need to step up, and help us out.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
All 8 teams that lose, all share the 12.5% odds though.......
Dare to dream.....the hockey gods need to step up, and help us out.

I know, all have same odds in phase 2.

But if you look at it like - imagine in February I were to tell you "hey, we're going to have 12.5% odds at Lafreniere" - everyone here would have been ecstatic. Would have been as strong odds as the 2nd to last team almost.

Reactions: BLONG7

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't understand what minimum salary has to do with Mitch Marner? I know this should be a minor detail - but what am I missing here lol

I believe it's because it's all signing bonuses. And his actual Base Salary is the league minimum.

For the next two years, with the current CBA still in effect, the league minimum is $700K. In two years, when the new CBA starts, the league minimum goes up to $750K.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hotels are pretty empty right now. I'm sure Montreal could house many teams on the southshore alone. 3 NHL rinks between Southshore, Montreal and Laval.

How's Montreal doing lately with Covid-19? Last time I checked, they had 40% of the total deaths in Canada.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What happens if a number of players in a team catch it part way through a series? Cos this is something i can see happening!

They have that in the protocol I am sure. Responsibility is on the players and teams to be safe and if anybody catches Covid-19 at a bad time... too bad, you can't play

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Montreal is in real good shape right now. Hoping it stays that way.

They had 0 deaths on Sunday. 2 deaths on Monday. And 0 deaths yesterday.

Good to hear! I was traveling in the maritime bubble this past weekend to see family and I have saw like a dozen licence plates from the states. This is going to be an issue and I'm not so sure how they are getting in our country and what excuse they are using.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

It's true that ever since Donald Fehr took over the NHLPA, they had that labor dispute in 2012 where they missed half a season (although that was his first chance of negotiating a CBA since he was voted in charge of the NHLPA). When he took over, the league and PA had an accord already in place. So he inherited the previous CBA and surely he saw things that need to be re-negotiated.

But ever since then, it seems like the relationship between the NHL and the NHLPA has been a lot more harmonious.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Romanov's camp is still waiting on more details from the NHL's decision before commenting. They don't know if he'll be able to practice with the team. All they know if he can sign and burn a year off his ELC.

Reactions: angusyoung

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Please let's see some real life Blades of Steel celebrations?

uImYHRyipyPzqyBalv5bVP98Kg-TztFNQlq2rhLdlHx68g7bzdDu8PggVdnuaevOJvYLzLisxZmqj2ipTUN_bAdKOGVLYAHjqFz-KczmhLKytScWhvmr2tdW1lZEoe9SqL5lbQ

Reactions: DavePeak

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Romanov's camp is still waiting on more details from the NHL's decision before commenting. They don't know if he'll be able to practice with the team. All they know if he can sign and burn a year off his ELC.

I hate that the NHL allowed the possibility of him signing and burning his 1st year of the ELC but he can't play. I bet Romanov's agent pushes for it and if you were GM, would you play hardball? Contract signed but with no start date? That tells me Bergevin will put the start date for next season but hopefully there is no contract dispute there. Otherwise, they could have signed the contract with a start date for this season a few months ago now.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I hate that the NHL allowed the possibility of him signing and burning his 1st year of the ELC but he can't play. I bet Romanov's agent pushes for it and if you were GM, would you play hardball? Contract signed but with no start date? That tells me Bergevin will put the start date for next season but hopefully there is no contract dispute there. Otherwise, they could have signed the contract with a start date for this season a few months ago now.

I'm pretty certain the contract will be signed. They already agreed to terms. So signing the contract will not be an issue. And the fact that they didn't have a start date yet means that they were aware that there was a chance that he won't play his year. Disappointing for them for sure, but not unexpected.

As for signing him and burning a year off his ELC, at first glance, I also saw no reason why they would do that. But it could be a sign of good faith. Maybe for not taking CSKA's contract offer and committing to coming over here. That could be a reason why they would choose to sign him right away.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Boston, Philly, Caps & Tampa for East
Avs, Vegas, Stars & Blues for West

Their round robin games will be the 4PM games. Those games will have shootout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad