NHL Rogers Live, Anyone Use It?

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
My question would be, did they find a way to start sneaking ads onto those services? I have not used stuff like Centre Ice for about a decade, i am sure its changed quite a bit.

They black out most commercials (during tv timeouts and between periods). However, the commercials they DO show repeat. Like, over and over. I have never seen an episode of 'The Blacklist' or 'Scorpion', and I blame it on the aforementioned sickening repetition.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You can also watch 4 games at once (I believe it's still 4) on one screen if you are watching on your computer. But i'm sure the computer screen divided into 4 may be a little small for each game unless you have it hooked up to your TV.

Just a suggestion instead of paying for it twice.

I'm the same as you though. At this time of the year and if i can still stand hockey come playoff time, there's always hockey on in my house. But if the oilers pull out their usual suckage where it kills the game for me, then that doesn't happen.

As the above poster said, once you purchase the subscription, you can watch it on any device. If you are going to watch on your computer, there is nothing to install. Just go to the website NHL.TV and choose what game you want to watch. If possible, have your son also connect your computer to a TV for a better viewing experience.

The NHL package on Bell is a different one than the NHL offers and I like to watch on a big screen TV the main game and will set up my iPad nearby if I want to keep tabs on another. But yes otherwise the multi screen option is the way to go!

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
NHL accidentally left the 25% off coupon active from last year on their site. I managed to jump on that and pretend I was in Alberta to save on taxes. Came to $142CAD total. Cheaper than any other alternative except the 1 team option the US has.
Can I ask what the code is?

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
i think that was their code for the 'early bird' promotion they had, which is probably why it doesn't work anymore.

it looks like the Early Bird is only $20 off, this 25% code must have been as dss said, a leftover from last season.

I might just go for the $180 rate. That’s reasonable anyway.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Blackouts are annoying, a paid service that blacks you of games, what an effin joke. Had it for like 3 years cause it was free with my Rogers phone account. I've since got rid of Rogers phone and cancelled NHL games. Now I get all the benefits of NHL Rogers Live without black outs, without having to pay, using the internet and can get it on my TV through my streaming box.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Just an FYI that it looks like Rogers is targeting past customers with an email and what seems like a unique promo code giving them 25% off NHLLIVE. Price after rebate is $134.99 (CAD) + tax.

SCORE A GREAT DEAL
The puck drops on the 2019-2020 NHL season TOMORROW and your savings are waiting!

As a thank you for being a loyal NHL LIVE™ (formerly Rogers NHL LIVE™) user, we are offering you an Early Bird Pass for only $134.99 + tax (reg. $179.99 + tax) for this season at 25%* off the regular price using promo code:

(promo code)

That's a savings of $45 if redeemed by midnight EST tonight. That's the lowest price of an Early Bird Pass EVER!

Offer ends at midnight tonight (Oct. 1st). Since I'm already subscribed, i didn't get an email/code so I don't have one to share unfortunately but maybe you have some friends that do.

Debbie Mathers

Jul 5, 2018
You should be able to watch them using the NHL app. ...

I've been using this service for many years now. ...

Thanks again for advising me on this. I got the subscription for the NHL app just before the season started, and it makes for great watching. They charged me a bit more than advertised due to some sort of sales tax, but if I watch all 82 games, which I probably will, it still works out less than 2 bucks a game. It's easily worth it for me.

The few negatives: I'd rather not have the timeline bar. It really isn't ideal towards the end of the game when you are not watching live. Having said that, when we played Chicago the other day, there was lots of time left on the timeline bar with only five minutes to play in regulation. When we finally scored to make it a one-goal-game, I was absolutely sure we were going to force overtime, so I sat upright in my chair, staring at the screen while maintaining a maximum of body tension, and ended up being gobsmacked when Chicago got the empty-netter... :D

And I do kinda miss the strange kick I got out of watching illegally. Ah well, can't have everything, I reckon.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Thanks again for advising me on this. I got the subscription for the NHL app just before the season started, and it makes for great watching. They charged me a bit more than advertised due to some sort of sales tax, but if I watch all 82 games, which I probably will, it still works out less than 2 bucks a game. It's easily worth it for me.

The few negatives: I'd rather not have the timeline bar. It really isn't ideal towards the end of the game when you are not watching live. Having said that, when we played Chicago the other day, there was lots of time left on the timeline bar with only five minutes to play in regulation. When we finally scored to make it a one-goal-game, I was absolutely sure we were going to force overtime, so I sat upright in my chair, staring at the screen while maintaining a maximum of body tension, and ended up being gobsmacked when Chicago got the empty-netter... :D

And I do kinda miss the strange kick I got out of watching illegally. Ah well, can't have everything, I reckon.

Glad it worked out for you! I love my subscription. Watch a lot of it on there!

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012

I've complained on NHL.com (US) letting them know exactly that (and other shortcomings). They fixed everything else I complained about except removing the bar. (I believe they did remove the time on the bar though)

If you can, watch using a ps4. That's should be the bar they set for all apps they make. No timeline there.

With the app, no reason you can't watch every game. You never have to set the pvr, and games are always there waiting. I haven't missed a minute of any game in at least a decade... Sadly.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
I've complained on NHL.com (US) letting them know exactly that (and other shortcomings). They fixed everything else I complained about except removing the bar. (I believe they did remove the time on the bar though)

If you can, watch using a ps4. That's should be the bar they set for all apps they make. No timeline there.

With the app, no reason you can't watch every game. You never have to set the pvr, and games are always there waiting. I haven't missed a minute of any game in at least a decade... Sadly.
I have it. The only place I see a timeline is on my laptop. Not on my iPad or NHL app on Apple TV

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I have it. The only place I see a timeline is on my laptop. Not on my iPad or NHL app on Apple TV

Huh. I see a timeline on my android phone and when I cast to Chromecast. I don't remember what the Roku app looks like but I believe the timeline was there as well.

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
Service is garbage from my experience. Games are blacked out locally so you have to use a VPN to get around that. I have a 200/50 mbps connection and 80/50 mbps through a VPN and still received countless stutters throughout games regardless of what device/quality settings I was using. Decided it wasn't worth the money when streams available through others means for free are a better experience. I haven't had cable now for about 7 years. It's a massive rip off. I refuse to pay money to watch commercials half the time. Cable TV is such an antiquated business model in 2019.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Anyone else having issues with it loading the games lately? I am on my Macbook even with all updates etc.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Service is garbage from my experience. Games are blacked out locally so you have to use a VPN to get around that. I have a 200/50 mbps connection and 80/50 mbps through a VPN and still received countless stutters throughout games regardless of what device/quality settings I was using. Decided it wasn't worth the money when streams available through others means for free are a better experience. I haven't had cable now for about 7 years. It's a massive rip off. I refuse to pay money to watch commercials half the time. Cable TV is such an antiquated business model in 2019.
I use a VPN as well. My streams are perfect at home. I have 1 Gig speed. Cable is a massive ripoff, but I still use Telus with a basic package and the sports channels. I use IPTV for $14 on the side. Every channel and sports package you can think of.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad