NHL Rivals

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Wasn't paying attention and it had actually been on the tube for a while, so rewinded the DVR and started watching from the start. Dece so far.

Gah, ****ing Xfinity screwed up on me and it lost everything a few minutes in.

Oh well, just set to record a later showing.

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
I was watching the "St. Patricks Day Massacre" at a southside bar, after a full day of festivities, when Manson called out Stevens and beat the crap out of him the place went wild. It felt like we were at the stadium ourselves. For those who never saw a game at the old stadium yes it was that crazy. No kids. Mostly 20 and 30 year olds hopped up on booze.

cherrypik

Jun 2, 2010
Mundelein, IL
Thanks for the heads up. I'll tape it before I go to bed. One of the best games i went to at he Stadium. I do remember Manson calling out Stevens but we were all pretty boozed up that game.

Nothingman*

I was watching the "St. Patricks Day Massacre" at a southside bar, after a full day of festivities, when Manson called out Stevens and beat the crap out of him the place went wild. It felt like we were at the stadium ourselves. For those who never saw a game at the old stadium yes it was that crazy. No kids. Mostly 20 and 30 year olds hopped up on booze.

The Stadium was so much fun. Almost too much!

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I thought it was good but felt like it needed to be an hour long program to do the rivalry justice.

But it was definitely interesting.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
In case you youngsters don't remember the St. Patrick's Day Massacre...

I loved that Hawks team and I don't mind saying I also thought that was the best era of Blues teams too.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
In case you youngsters don't remember the St. Patrick's Day Massacre...

I loved that Hawks team and I don't mind saying I also thought that was the best era of Blues teams too.

Imagine if the Blues didn't lose Stevens as compensation for signing Shanahan? Hull, Oates, Shanny, Stevens, Courtnall, Joseph, etc... Wouldn't have been fair. Instead, NJ stole our cups.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
I remember. IIRC the Blues offered Brind'amour, someone else, and two picks? as an alternative to Stevens at the time.

I remember the trade that sent Courtnall et all to Vancouver and tore the heart out of the Blues lineup for gutless Quinn and hideous Butcher.

The Blues SHOULD have won a cup in that era. But they hired Keenan.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I remember. IIRC the Blues offered Brind'amour, someone else, and two picks? as an alternative to Stevens at the time.

I remember the trade that sent Courtnall et all to Vancouver and tore the heart out of the Blues lineup for gutless Quinn and hideous Butcher.

The Blues SHOULD have won a cup in that era. But they hired Keenan.

Brind'Amour, Joseph and two firsts IIRC

LBS8844

Apr 10, 2013

Oh, they were smoking pot, too. ;) I was one of the kids watching the dumass sleeping men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad