NHL Rivalry Series: St. Louis and Chicago

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Even as hockey leagues all over the world take a hiatus, the Last Word on Hockey team is still devoted to publishing quality content in the absence of live sports. Our NHL Rivalry Breakdown series hopes to fill the void. Each article will take a look at two longtime rivals and break down how the rivalry came to be, how the teams stack up against each other currently, and how the matchup may look down the road. Two Central Division foes will be featured in this piece: the Chicago Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues.

NHL Rivalry Breakdown: Chicago Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues - LWOH

Spear

Anonymous source FOR HIRE
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Even as hockey leagues all over the world take a hiatus, the Last Word on Hockey team is still devoted to publishing quality content in the absence of live sports. Our NHL Rivalry Breakdown series hopes to fill the void. Each article will take a look at two longtime rivals and break down how the rivalry came to be, how the teams stack up against each other currently, and how the matchup may look down the road. Two Central Division foes will be featured in this piece: the Chicago Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues.

NHL Rivalry Breakdown: Chicago Blackhawks and St. Louis Blues - LWOH

Thanks for the head's up. One error in lineup is Ivan Barbashev would be on the 4th line instead of De La Rose.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Watching this right now. The “Wakey, Wakey” hit just triggered a whole bunch of Hawk anger that I had buried for a long time. f*** those guys
I was at that game. It’s the greatest Blues game I’ve ever attended. When Tarasenko ties it, and when Jackman scored the OT winner, soooo loud and happy.

Reactions: Bluenatic

Hrkac Circus

Dec 11, 2014
Vienna, IL
I was at that game. It’s the greatest Blues game I’ve ever attended. When Tarasenko ties it, and when Jackman scored the OT winner, soooo loud and happy.
Yeah I was there too. I remember everyone spilling out into the lot and streets afterward and it being like a party. Wish we could have kept momentum. :(

Reagans Blues

Apr 12, 2019
USA
Watching this right now. The “Wakey, Wakey” hit just triggered a whole bunch of Hawk anger that I had buried for a long time. f*** those guys
I don't like blaming a whole fan base for the actions of a few but seeing hawks fans proud of that moment and using it as a battle cry is pretty damn gross and has always been my least favorite thing about them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad