NHL Rivalry Series: Dallas and Colorado

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Even as hockey leagues all over the world take a hiatus, the Last Word on Hockey team is still devoted to publishing quality content in the absence of live sports. Such begins a new series: the NHL Rivalry Breakdown.

Each article will take a look at two longtime rivals and break down how the rivalry came to be, how the teams stack up against each other currently, and how the matchup may look down the road. The first edition takes a look at two behemoths of the 1990s: the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche.

NHL Rivalry Breakdown: Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche - LWOH

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I don't get it ....

Did you actually watched the Stars and came up with those lines or are you're saying that's what they should be?

If you watched the Stars and came up with those Top 6 D ... you didn't watch any Dallas Stars games this year. If you're saying those are the ideal groups as they should be constructed ... I'd really love to have the thought process explained that led to that group of D.

You have Taylor Fedun on Dallas' 2nd pair and even make this claim: "Both Oleksiak and Fedun have played quality hockey defensively this season, earning them their second-pairing roles shown here."

Taylor Fedun is healthy ... he has been all season ... and he hasn't played a game since 1/11/20. He also averages 13:45 per game. He's Dallas' 8th defenseman ... and it's not even close. That's a pretty stunning take ignoring everything else in the article about the Stars. On the other hand, Johns has been a Top 4 D for Dallas since returning from injury, and he's frequently been partnered with Miro Heiskanen. How he's outside of the Top 6 is pretty curious.

Overall, it's not an awful article, but I just can't get by the take on Fedun. Nothing about it is remotely accurate, and it just brings into question the entire article about Dallas. You seem to have been basing this not off of actually watching the Stars or following them. Maybe Fedun is some analytics darling and that's how you drew that conclusion ... regardless .. it makes this come off as not researched.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I don't get it ....

Did you actually watched the Stars and came up with those lines or are you're saying that's what they should be?

If you watched the Stars and came up with those Top 6 D ... you didn't watch any Dallas Stars games this year. If you're saying those are the ideal groups as they should be constructed ... I'd really love to have the thought process explained that led to that group of D.

You have Taylor Fedun on Dallas' 2nd pair and even make this claim: "Both Oleksiak and Fedun have played quality hockey defensively this season, earning them their second-pairing roles shown here."

Taylor Fedun is healthy ... he has been all season ... and he hasn't played a game since 1/11/20. He also averages 13:45 per game. He's Dallas' 8th defenseman ... and it's not even close. That's a pretty stunning take ignoring everything else in the article about the Stars. On the other hand, Johns has been a Top 4 D for Dallas since returning from injury, and he's frequently been partnered with Miro Heiskanen. How he's outside of the Top 6 is pretty curious.

Overall, it's not an awful article, but I just can't get by the take on Fedun. Nothing about it is remotely accurate, and it just brings into question the entire article about Dallas. You seem to have been basing this not off of actually watching the Stars or following them. Maybe Fedun is some analytics darling and that's how you drew that conclusion ... regardless .. it makes this come off as not researched.

Ikr those D-pairs lmao wtf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->