NHL Releases Top 10 Players List

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
How man top ___ lists have there been? I swear they've released at least 4 different versions during the off season.

Placid Perspicuity

Apr 19, 2016
It seems like the only place Matthews isn't considered a top 10 player in the league is HF Boards. Lol.

Lol! I noticed that too. It's almost as if HF's rabid, emotional, knee-jerk responses to Matthews appearing on a list are based on their own preconceived biases. It's so strange...

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Lists are becoming increasingly stupid. Just put them in tiers and suggest that the positions within the tiers are interchangeable.

Tier 1 - McDavid, Crosby, Price

Tier 2 - Kuch, Ov, Malkin, Doughty, Hedman, Karlsson

Tier 3 - Hall, Matthews, Tavares, Stamkos, MacKinnon, Subban

Tier 4 - Barkov, Drouin, Domi, Weber, Gallagher

*Please ignore the Habs plug-in* this is my wishlist

Reactions: The Macho Man

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Matthews will eventually, more than likely, become a top 10 player. Then Leafs fans will bump threads like these and tell us "I told you so."

To future necro-bumpers reading this: He isn't a top 10 player right now, based on what he's done so far. Maybe that will have changed at the time of you are reading (1 year, 2 years later), but here and now it's just too high.

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Nathaniel

Oct 18, 2013
Matthews will eventually, more than likely, become a top 10 player. Then Leafs fans will bump threads like these and tell us "I told you so."

To future necro-bumpers reading this: He isn't a top 10 player right now, based on what he's done so far. Maybe that will have changed at the time of you are reading (1 year, 2 years later), but here and now it's just too high.
Let him put up a ppg season first

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

LOL. I think I'll listen to the hockey writers at NHL.com over you, thanks. They actually know what they're talking about. :)

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Thank you for a reasonable answer. I was under the assumption the whole time that Tavares was signed to be the #1 center, while looking at your pre-season roster vs the habs on your board, I was shocked to see Matthews > Tavares on the depth chart.

Idk if I agree with your assumptions of Matthews pushing for 100 points, but that's why the seasons are played for.
Yeah Matthews is the 1c but funny enough Tavares since he pks a bit will get more ice time. It's close either way. But Matthews is better.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Oh looks like I was wrong. Still 63 points in 62 is not a top 10 player
Scoring 40 goals as a rookie when he was 19 years old and scoring 34 goals as a 20 year old says differently and so does all the experts who keep ranking Matthews in the top 10 on these lists, despite fans of HFBoards who claim they know more.

Nathaniel

Oct 18, 2013
Scoring 40 goals as a rookie when he was 19 years old and scoring 34 goals as a 20 year old says differently and so does all the experts who keep ranking Matthews in the top 10 on these lists, despite fans of HFBoards who claim they know more.
Mcdavid
Crosby
Malkin
Ovechkin
MacKinnon
Kucherov
Karlsson
Doughty
Price
Giroux

I could go on

Which player on that list is he bette than?

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
So what does that make Laine? McDavid level?

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Lists are becoming increasingly stupid. Just put them in tiers and suggest that the positions within the tiers are interchangeable.

Tier 1 - McDavid, Crosby, Price

Tier 2 - Kuch, Ov, Malkin, Doughty, Hedman, Karlsson

Tier 3 - Hall, Matthews, Tavares, Stamkos, MacKinnon, Subban

Tier 4 - Barkov, Drouin, Domi, Weber, Gallagher

*Please ignore the Habs plug-in* this is my wishlist

You're list is absurd!!!! Barkov should absolutely be in the 3rd tier. ;)

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
LOL. I think I'll listen to the hockey writers at NHL.com over you, thanks. They actually know what they're talking about. :)

Hate this idea that the so-called experts/professional are all knowing and much more credible than everybody else.

The experts had Malkin outside of the top 100 players while Toews made it. Professional GMs traded Weber for Subban, Larsson for Hall, Forsberg for Erat - things most HF posters probably wouldn't do.

It's hockey - not astrophysics. You don't need a phD to be able to watch a sport of guys playing at the highest level.

Reactions: braq and Beau Knows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->