Confirmed with Link: NHL releases 2020-2021 schedule

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

The National Hockey League is expected to officially respond to provincial governments on Thursday, but it's believed the league has approval to move forward with the season in all seven Canadian cities, reports TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger.
This comes one day after the five Canadian provincial health authorities with jurisdiction over NHL games responded to the league’s Return to Play proposal with a joint letter asking for additional measures.

They basically have been asked to block together more games in one city and extend testing to immediate family and boost player testing somewhat is what tsn is saying. Remake of the schedule coming. Yeshhhhh lets play. I need some hockey for my existence ha. Looks promising:)

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Increased testing was always going to be the compromise. And of course seasons tickets to select health and government officials.

Once the schedule came out, it was a done deal.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I don't mind the Canadian Div idea as that could be a Div in regular years even, but I'm not overly thrilled about 56 games against only 6 Canadian teams all season.

When you look at the schedule and see Van X 2, Win X 3 and then Van X 2 as a 10 game stretch it might it hard to hold my interest in seeing the same thing over and over again Déjà vu and not being able to see the Stars of the NHL Crosby, OV, Toews on all the USA based teams.

This is from someone that starting watching Hockey in the 1960's when there was only 6 teams but all the Stars Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, Jean Beliveau and Bobby Hull played against Davie Keon and my Leafs on all the teams in the league.

9-10 games against Vancouver in the regular and then best of 7 in the playoffs for 16-17 games against 1 team in a single season doesn't have much overwhelming appeal truth be told.

Last edited:

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I truly am baffled that the NHL traveling into these provinces is such an issue when I can literally buy a plane ticket and fly anywhere I want in Canada....tomorrow morning(anywhere with an NHL franchise). I am the farthest thing from one of these nutbags that doesn't believe in the lockdowns or prevention methods but can anyone actually rationalize why there would be an issue with Canadian teams traveling within Canada....when travel withing all of these Canadian provinces is fully open within all of the involved provinces?

You can travel to MB but when you arrive you must quarantine for 14 days.
This is for anywhere east of Terrence Bay.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
That's actually a very nice update for us.

It really loosens up the last 2+ weeks of the schedule now with 7gms in 16 days now and only 1 back to back.

That leaves only the middle 3 weeks of April as the true gauntlet on our sked - 12gms in 21 days with 3 back to backs. That's gonna be tough.

Reactions: willmma and Jmo89

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Just noticed that there is no Saturday game this week, that sucks.

Reactions: al secord

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad