Confirmed with Link: NHL releases 2020-2021 schedule

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I don't know about that. On a preliminary basis this seems to be a hit. This might be one good thing that comes out of a shitty year. I work not be surprised in the least if this becomes more common in coming seasons.

The NHL wants more intensity, rivalry and fan appeal? This could very well be the way to do that.

That could be a possibility that I wouldn't mind at all.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Where will home be for the Leafs if not in TO? My backyard rink is coming along and could be ready but the ice will likely suck and the clothesline pole is an obstacle to be avoided.

Reactions: Buds17

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Should be a more tactical element playing the same team 3 times in a row, right? Like little playoff serieses throughout the season like in baseball. Have a little time to figure a team out and tweak between games.

Honestly, this could end up being some of thr most regular season hockey we've had in years.

I really like the idea of these mini series stints

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Seeing the schedule like this in a visual sense really makes one understand what the whole Canadian division really means . . . lots of three games vs the same opponent, playing the same 6 teams all season, and basically putting tinderwood and flame to every rivalry. Exciting!

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
That's a pretty good schedule. Only one B2B where where we switch time zones, assuming Vancouver plays in BC.

I hope we get Wes McCauley officiating our division.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Well then.

I truly am baffled that the NHL traveling into these provinces is such an issue when I can literally buy a plane ticket and fly anywhere I want in Canada....tomorrow morning(anywhere with an NHL franchise). I am the farthest thing from one of these nutbags that doesn't believe in the lockdowns or prevention methods but can anyone actually rationalize why there would be an issue with Canadian teams traveling within Canada....when travel withing all of these Canadian provinces is fully open within all of the involved provinces?

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
I truly am baffled that the NHL traveling into these provinces is such an issue when I can literally buy a plane ticket and fly anywhere I want in Canada....tomorrow morning(anywhere with an NHL franchise). I am the farthest thing from one of these nutbags that doesn't believe in the lockdowns or prevention methods but can anyone actually rationalize why there would be an issue with Canadian teams traveling within Canada....when travel withing all of these Canadian provinces is fully open within all of the involved provinces?
when you are traveling across canada, that is a federal affair. It is local (prov. or city) affair when you are playing game at an local arena.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think teams should just play 9 or 10 games in a row and move on to the next team. But can't really do that with the Canadian Division being 7 teams.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Happy we added Bogosian and Simmonds.... much needed toughness. Worried about where the energy will come from... like to have a couple energizer guys, Joey Anderson and possibly Barabanov may be that guy, or Robertson.

Thought Hyman wasn't his usual high tempo self in the playoffs, Mikheyev is big and has glimpses of skill but otherwise his energy level is pretty subtle.

Think it's important to gets some spark plugs in the lineup.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

We already know that the government doesn't want to see excess travel happening between regions and/or provinces as much as possible. NHL players going from one area to another is extremely in the public eye and I'm assuming Canada wants to have extra safety measures in place so that they can stay safe.

The more people moving from region to region in the public eye, the harder it is to convince the average joe (that doesn't have as many extra safety precautions in place AND severely outnumber NHL players) to stay in their own region.

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
Only game I cared about was which sucker gets it first as we literally play everyone a million times.

And my - they didn’t disappoint. The girl Canadians :D

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
as much as I credit the governments for holding firm. It's getting pretty stupid. The NHL has the money and resources to keep things safe. Them travelling isn't going to cause a massive spike in numbers, it's actually dumb that they can't come to a compromise. Especially since the NHL is PAYING for testing, travel ect. There would be no use of any public funded resources.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
No travel to the provinces by charter is even safer also. Health conglomerates negotiations are coming together slowly to involve more testing within households of players for a added recommendation to the Nhl plan etc. They also want schedule changes that has larger blocks of games from one trip to east or west etc. It’ll be worked out soon and game on :)
They don’t want a bubble.Provinces provide road map to potential green light for NHL's Canadian teams - TSN.ca

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
as much as I credit the governments for holding firm. It's getting pretty stupid. The NHL has the money and resources to keep things safe. Them travelling isn't going to cause a massive spike in numbers, it's actually dumb that they can't come to a compromise. Especially since the NHL is PAYING for testing, travel ect. There would be no use of any public funded resources.
The testing didn’t extend to players households and Health Canada is requiring that be in the plan. Players are responsible for the costs of testing immediate family right now. It will get fixed and games will go easily. Nhl has to remake the schedule now also with more games in one block in one city.

Reactions: francis246

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

It is truly ridiculous. There is little rationale or consistency regarding the lockdown measures across the country.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Happy we added Bogosian and Simmonds.... much needed toughness. Worried about where the energy will come from... like to have a couple energizer guys, Joey Anderson and possibly Barabanov may be that guy, or Robertson.

Thought Hyman wasn't his usual high tempo self in the playoffs, Mikheyev is big and has glimpses of skill but otherwise his energy level is pretty subtle.

Think it's important to gets some spark plugs in the lineup.
Anderson might be a camp surprise and if he is thats good. Lots of energy and for-check is his game. Jersey and himself didn't work out and it’s really unclear why. It wasn’t his work habits thats for sure. Barabanov has some jam to his game and its just naturally the way he plays. Both have a chance i believe too. They could be good. Anderson would like to score a bit more he said.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

The National Hockey League is expected to officially respond to provincial governments on Thursday, but it's believed the league has approval to move forward with the season in all seven Canadian cities, reports TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger.
This comes one day after the five Canadian provincial health authorities with jurisdiction over NHL games responded to the league’s Return to Play proposal with a joint letter asking for additional measures.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad