2019 Stanley Cup Final NHL Referees and Linesmen for SCF

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Yep. Their last series was probably their cleanest. Actually they were playing pretty dirty in the regular season as well. They go high a lot and make a ton of marginal hits. I hope the refs keep the Blues' crap under control if they decide to get cheap. I've said it throughout the playoffs, Bs fans are really going to hate the Blues once they start playing them. Blues ***** and moan so much when they get called for about anything, yet try to get away with a lot of stuff. They will gain an advantage in this series if the refs call things very loosely. Not only will they get away with shenanigans in that scenario, but the Bs special teams are simply better than those of the Blues.

As for the refs, I'm amazed that Rooney made it to the SCF. He was awful in multiple games in the playoffs. He has a great ability to let games get out of control, then tries to bring them under control by making awful calls. Man I cannot stand him. I don't care what the Bruins' record is this year with him doing their games. He's trash most of the time I see him.

Kozari has been perhaps worse than Rooney this season. He and Sutherland are masters at calling games according to score and situation. Sutherland is generally tolerable, though, and keeps things under control most games.

Dwyer is hit or miss, but generally calls a fair game. He has improved this season. And of course McCauley is the best of this bunch. There are some legit pretty decent refs in the NHL. Funny how they didn't get chosen for the SCF.

I remember a Shark fan posting in our forum thread warning us from Blues game ending dirty hits.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I remember a Shark fan posting in our forum thread warning us from Blues game ending dirty hits.

That’s pretty funny coming from a Sharks fan. From what I saw of that series, it appeared to me that SJ had as many/more cheap hits as STL.

I don’t think this is even a thing. CBJ hit as hard as anyone, and CAR was targeting guys the whole (short) series. It’s part of the playoffs.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
That’s pretty funny coming from a Sharks fan. From what I saw of that series, it appeared to me that SJ had as many/more cheap hits as STL.

I don’t think this is even a thing. CBJ hit as hard as anyone, and CAR was targeting guys the whole (short) series. It’s part of the playoffs.
Agree, they all do dirty hits and try to target our slow-ish smaller D's. :sarcasm:

Can't wait for B's to show the hockey world who's the Daddy.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This time of year, there`s likely a dozen or more plays during the course of the game that would be called if it were the regular season. Not sure I`ve seen any Blues games where I noticed them being more dirty than their opponent or blatantly dirty?

If anything, I think the Jackets play a consistently more physical game than the Blues do, I also don`t or didn`t find the Blues to be terribly scary when it comes to team speed, they have a few quick players but I think their overall speed is similar to the B`s.

Gotta find a way to "dent" the Blues D, very big and mobile, move the puck quickly when in the O zone is the key IMO

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
My biggest concern is when they defer to Toronto for decisions. Call me paranoid but I am convinced that there is a bias against the Bruins from that lot.

Reactions: Dreghorn2

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
As an aside...

This is yet another example of just how dumb the NHL is.

Put aside the fact that Rooney is terrible, the fact that they’d allow a ref born in Boston to referee a SCF that includes the Bruins is asinine.

I know I’d be ticked off if a St. Louis native was reffing,
Agree, and I have felt this way for years.

Reactions: sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad