NHL-ready prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Epsilon said:
For the Red Wings the only sure one is:

-Niklas Kronwall : Easily one of the most NHL-ready prospects out there. He should be able to step in and make an impact right away.

and the wildcard is:

-Igor Grigorenko: If he's recovered from his injuries, he will be able to jump in very soon. If not he could take longer still.

Maybe no prospect, but Johan Franzén hasn't played a single NHL game and is probably as NHL ready as they come.

Habdominal

Jun 14, 2003
Canada
Visit site
For the Habs
Plekanec
Perezhogin
Higgins
Chipchura is probably one or two years away abut a lock for the future

For Dallas
Miettinen
Daley
Ott (Not really a propect anymore but I like him a lot so I had to mention him)

For the Flyers
Richards
Carter
Picard (love that kid)

Ruzicka and Beauchemin are great talent but still need at least one more year of seasoning IMO

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Isles-

Gervais(or Campoli).
Mapletoft-out of waiver options.Headed for the 4th line.
Godard-replaces Cairns as team enforcer.Headed for the 4th line.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
For the Flyers:

Niittymanki is guaranteed a spot.

Jeff Carter is next to a lock.

Mike Richards will also likely be a Flyer next year, and if not him possibly R.J. Umberger.

As of today the Flyers expect Primeau, Handzus, Carter and Richards to be their four centers next year, with Roenick moving to the wing.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Maxim Kondratiev
Jarkko Immonen
Henrik Lundqvist

----

plus about 10 other prospects have a shot at making the team

pretty decent there if we can't include a guy like tjutin...i'll throw out a few more "possibles"

Dominic Moore - tailed off at the end of the season in the AHL and isn't having a great playoffs, but he's been good for most of the season and could get a look

Alexander Giroux - Wolfpack's leading scorer, has done a good job stepping up his consistancy and attracting the attention of the Rangers brass...could definatly get a look if he has a nice camp

Bryce Lampman - Another solid year with the Pack...won't be anything spectacular but is solid and probably the Pack's most consistant defender throughout the year. Almost made the Rangers out of camp in 2003 but got injured in the preseason. another strong camp could have him eyeing a spot on the roster

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
John Flyers Fan said:
For the Flyers:

Niittymanki is guaranteed a spot.

Jeff Carter is next to a lock.

Mike Richards will also likely be a Flyer next year, and if not him possibly R.J. Umberger.

As of today the Flyers expect Primeau, Handzus, Carter and Richards to be their four centers next year, with Roenick moving to the wing.

Do you think Umberger needs another year in the AHL, or is just a matter of no room for him in Philly?

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Do you think Umberger needs another year in the AHL, or is just a matter of no room for him in Philly?

I think he could play in the NHL next year, but there may not be a spot for him. eventually i think you'll see him move to the wing, as Patrick Sharp is currently doing.

Umberger is a very good playmaker, and after watching him in person during the first two playoff games, he's also very good along the wall and in the corners, much better than I expected.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I don't expect Shea Weber to make the team next year, though in the past he probably would have. Rather, depending on the situation, the only prospects I could see making the Preds' roster are Upshall and to a larger extent Suter.

But...we'll see. Nashville isn't rushing anyone.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Chris said:
Calgary has only Phaneuf. No one else even comes close.

I disagree. I think Nystrom is more seasoned from his 4 years of college hockey for the NHL, than Phaneuf and no higher league league play other than the WHL.

Spooky371*

At Montreal:
Alexander Perezhogin
Tomas Plekanec (ready but not will play next year)
Chris Higgins
Ron Hainsey ? :dunno:

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
nomorekids said:
I don't expect Shea Weber to make the team next year, though in the past he probably would have. Rather, depending on the situation, the only prospects I could see making the Preds' roster are Upshall and to a larger extent Suter.

But...we'll see. Nashville isn't rushing anyone.

Shishkanov?? Is he ready or not yet?

A Good Flying Bird*

Epsilon said:
For the Red Wings the only sure one is:

-Niklas Kronwall : Easily one of the most NHL-ready prospects out there. He should be able to step in and make an impact right away.

and the wildcard is:

-Igor Grigorenko: If he's recovered from his injuries, he will be able to jump in very soon. If not he could take longer still.

Agreed.

I believe Jiri Hudler could be ready for some NHL role, but that he's probably best suited in the AHL until he's ready for a scoring line role.

I also think Jari Tolsa and Johan Franzen are probably NHL ready, both being older and defensively responsible. Tomek Valtonen might also be capable of 4th line minutes.

WIth strength, Filppula is just about ready, And I

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Habsfan 32 said:
Shishkanov?? Is he ready or not yet?

Trotz is real reluctant to put guys with his minimal experience and subpar defensive skills into top 2 line roles. And that's where he will need to be to succeed. Another year in the AHL probably wouldn't kill him. Despite being drafted 4 years ago, he's still only 21.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
SmokeyClause said:
Trotz is real reluctant to put guys with his minimal experience and subpar defensive skills into top 2 line roles. And that's where he will need to be to succeed. Another year in the AHL probably wouldn't kill him. Despite being drafted 4 years ago, he's still only 21.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad