NHL Prospect Signings: Canucks, Ducks get defensive in the West

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
ashton_sautner_edmonton_052014.jpg
Photo: Edmonton Oil Kings defenseman and Vancouver Canucks prospect Ashton Sautner was a member of the Oil Kings squad that won the WHL and Memorial Cup championships in 2013-14 (courtesy of Mark Spowart/Icon Sportswire)

After a week of NHL prospect signings that featured activity mostly in the NHL’s Eastern Conference, a pair of Western Conference teams have logged the only signings since the weekend.

The Vancouver Canucks were the more active of the two teams as they inked one current prospect and a free agent to their first NHL deals. The other Western team, the Anaheim Ducks, inked one of their drafted prospects.… read more

The post NHL Prospect Signings: Canucks, Ducks get defensive in the West appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Little doubt the 'Nucks have lots of prospect 'bodies' on the blue-line in Clendening, McEneny, Pedan, Cedarholm, Hutton, Saunter and Corrado, with Tryamkin and Subban in the pipeline...but is it 'quantity over quality'?....still think there's a good chance JB drafts another d-man in the first round of the upcoming draft

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Little doubt the 'Nucks have lots of prospect 'bodies' on the blue-line in Clendening, McEneny, Pedan, Cedarholm, Hutton, Saunter and Corrado, with Tryamkin and Subban in the pipeline...but is it 'quantity over quality'?....still think there's a good chance JB drafts another d-man in the first round of the upcoming draft

It's more just boosting your odds. Dmen develop so late, just stocking shelves and keeping eyes out for diamonds in the rough are good for the 3 to 6 spots. Sign top 2 as FAs and it works.

I thinking drafting anything but BPA is dumb.

Al Swearengen

Smug Nation National
Mar 29, 2010
It's more just boosting your odds. Dmen develop so late, just stocking shelves and keeping eyes out for diamonds in the rough are good for the 3 to 6 spots. Sign top 2 as FAs and it works.

I thinking drafting anything but BPA is dumb.

That's not always true, but for the 2015 Canucks it is, since we aren't desperate for any one thing right now.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

No reason not to, none of those guys are a threat to anyone drafted now. Most of them will be out of the AHL before anyone drafted now even enters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad