GDT: NHL Playoffs

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I do think Granlund was playing injured. Also, might still be adjusting to the new location. Emotionally it must have been rough getting traded DURING your first child’s birth.

Looks like he didn't even register a shot today.
But... Puck possession... Good along the walls... Exactly what Boston needed?!?

Still think that Coyle for Donato was a terrible trade for them.

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
Never thought I'd be happy to see Dallas win a series, but I found my inner North-Star fan rooting for them vs. Nashville. They are kind of fun to watch. Heiskanen is gonna be amazing.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I do think Granlund was playing injured. Also, might still be adjusting to the new location. Emotionally it must have been rough getting traded DURING your first child’s birth.

Coyle's been very good for them overall. I don't think he's been a radically different player or anything, but he's done a good job of providing what Boston was lacking on the 3rd line.

I think Donato's going to be very good for us, but I think the Bruins got what they were after.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Reading an article on the Preds, and it sounds exactly like a slightly better version of the Wild from a few years ago. Great defense, a goalie you have extreme highs and lows from, a horrendous power play (0-15 in the playoffs), a disappearing top line, a coach in peril, a bad contract or two, fans asking for change, etc., etc., etc.

And the last line says: "They should've done so by now. These Predators don't deserve another chance."

Also cap recapture concerns with Weber.

Sound familiar?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Reading an article on the Preds, and it sounds exactly like a slightly better version of the Wild from a few years ago. Great defense, a goalie you have extreme highs and lows from, a horrendous power play (0-15 in the playoffs), a disappearing top line, a coach in peril, a bad contract or two, fans asking for change, etc., etc., etc.

And the last line says: "They should've done so by now. These Predators don't deserve another chance."

Sound familiar?
They've felt like similar teams for a few years now. When the Predators hit the finals in 2017 it felt (to me, anyway) like validation that the Wild's approach could work. It's part of why I'm hesitant to see us trade Spurgeon, though watching Nashville this year does feel like a cautionary tale.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
They've felt like similar teams for a few years now. When the Predators hit the finals in 2017 it felt (to me, anyway) like validation that the Wild's approach could work. It's part of why I'm hesitant to see us trade Spurgeon, though watching Nashville this year does feel like a cautionary tale.

Won't be shocked if it gets worse to be honest.

Reactions: Bazeek

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Granlund was bad for us before the trade.

Coyle has been one of BOS best players during the playoffs.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Coyle is better in the postseason, but someone will have to break it to them that he vanishes in the regular season. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad