NHL PLAYOFFS 2019 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I watched the press conference live last night. EK just avoided answering directly the hand pass question the best he could, just like every other Sharks player and coach also did. He really didn't say anything dumb from my pov.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Karlsson basically said the Sharks were the better team and deserved to win. Make of that what you will.

I did like David Perron's "it's unacceptable but it's OK" comment. Sounds like a Whitney Houston song.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Were the Sharks the better overall team last game?

I only watched the third period and OT. Sharks were getting hammered and if it weren't for Jones they would have been down more than a goal in the third heading into the dying minutes.

Sharks controlled OT though

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Were the Sharks the better overall team last game?

I only watched the third period and OT. Sharks were getting hammered and if it weren't for Jones they would have been down more than a goal in the third heading into the dying minutes.

Sharks controlled OT though

They were better in the first. Blues defended great in the 3rd.

Reactions: Pierre in Orleans

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
After watching the replay again, Karlsson doesn't even really celebrate his goal until a few seconds later, almost like he assumes it's not going to count.

Reactions: Variable26

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Lol.

The hatred some Sens have for Karlsson is so bizarre, all he did was carry this team to the ECF on one leg, won two Norris trophies and was basically the best player to ever put on a Sens jersey and yet, most still despise him for no reason really.
I've gotten to meet him personally and with my time being around Sens players, I have reason to my comment. This is dating back to day one, not since his trade.

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
IMO the Blues got robbed yesterday on an obvious hand pass & the game was back & forth all night with neither team dominating the other. They should review all goals in the playoffs to avoid what happened last night & have the power to call back any goal that is not legitimate. Way too much on the line to lose a game that way. This series like a few other though really does present a league with parity, these two teams are very close in almost everything & sometimes it just takes a lucky goal or play that makes the difference. Watching these playoffs & all of the hard hitting makes me wonder if some of Ottawa's players will be able to take the punishment.

Reactions: Variable26

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
One thing for sure...officiating really sucks this playoffs.

If things were done properly last night, there's a decent chance the Sharks could've won in regulation. And if things were done properly all playoffs, Sharks might not have made it to this round. The entire timeline is completely out of whack because the calls and non-calls have been that bad.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
This hand pass rule is so dumb. There is "closing your hand on a puck" rule. There is reviewable "glove goal" rule. That should be enough.
Glad it backfired. Maybe this will prompt them to get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad