NHL PLAYOFFS 2019 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Stars was definitely viewed like that for a lot of people. This is now three major incidents/benefits in one playoffs for one team...

I mean blown calls happen. It’s not the Sharks fault. The refs haven’t been great this year but to me it doesn’t really taint anything. The refs are just bad. If they win the cup they win the cup and they’ll get their names engraved.

The only thing I’ve personally viewed as tainted is something like the Lakers win over the Kings due to proof referee rigging due to gambling.

Reactions: Cloud

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm still pulling for the Sharks .. I don't care how they win. Blues are a good team. Excellent series. Calls get missed all the time. Perron shoots it over the glass really obvious, no call ... They missed the hand pass and its not review-able... There was a goal earlier these playoffs that went off the netting above the glass , back in play and it counted.. not review-able.. Shit happens all the time. Feel bad for the Blues .,Feel good for the Sharks

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Stars was definitely viewed like that for a lot of people. This is now three major incidents/benefits in one playoffs for one team...
I doubt stars fans give a f***

Anyways don't mind th hand pass, sj got lucky that the officials didn't see it. Game is too fast and human error is to be expected.

Last edited:

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
The calls that have benefited the Sharks are not the "puck over the glass" type, but missed or bad calls that directly led to GWGs and even a series win. It's weak to compare those two types of calls.

Fair enough but it's also weak to put any of the blame on the Sharks for what's clearly a refereeing issue. Unless people are going to start claiming some kind of collusion between the league and the Sharks I don't see how any of this can cause anyone to blame the Sharks.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Fair enough but it's also weak to put any of the blame on the Sharks for what's clearly a refereeing issue. Unless people are going to start claiming some kind of collusion between the league and the Sharks I don't see how any of this can cause anyone to blame the Sharks.

Who blamed the Sharks?

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Bad calls happen. Only losers use it as an excuse. How bout next time the Blues score into an empty net and not miss? They controlled their own destiny. The right team won.

2 more SJ! Then sign Karlsson, I want that extra 1st!

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
The sharks have had a series and now a conference final game handed on a platter

Maybe Vegas shouldn't allow 4 power play goals? Maybe the Blues shouldn't have allowed a last minute goal. Or left Nyqvist and Karlsson all alone in front of the net in overtime?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
The calls that have benefited the Sharks are not the "puck over the glass" type, but missed or bad calls that directly led to GWGs and even a series win. It's weak to compare those two types of calls.

People need to realize that Vegas gave up freaking 4 goals in one penalty kill.

That's all on Vegas. They choked. People need to stop blaming the refs for that meltdown.

Reactions: Silencio

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
People need to realize that Vegas gave up freaking 4 goals in one penalty kill.

That's all on Vegas. They choked. People need to stop blaming the refs for that meltdown.
Imagine if it had been Toronto giving up those 4 goals instead of Vegas,the same people blaming the refs for Vegas' loss would be laughing it up and flaming TO for one of the greatest meltdowns of all time, but accountability is apparently only a thing when it applies to a team you don't like.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Imagine if it had been Toronto giving up those 4 goals instead of Vegas,the same people blaming the refs for Vegas' loss would be laughing it up and flaming TO for one of the greatest meltdowns of all time, but accountability is apparently only a thing when it applies to a team you don't like.

Why are you assuming people don't like the Sharks? That was an egregious missed call I don't care what happened next. You're the ones making this about fandom.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Bad calls happen. Only losers use it as an excuse. How bout next time the Blues score into an empty net and not miss? They controlled their own destiny. The right team won.

2 more SJ! Then sign Karlsson, I want that extra 1st!
Ugh I forgot that it was conditional on the signing and reaching the finals...should have been either or :(

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why are you assuming people don't like the Sharks? That was an egregious missed call I don't care what happened next. You're the ones making this about fandom.

Right, it was a bad call, we all agree on that. You don't appear to care about accountability. glad you're admitting it.

As for this being about fandom, perhaps it's not in your case. My anecdotal experience leads me to believe favourites play into situations like this far more than people are willing to admit, so while perhaps it doesn't require that people not like the sharks, preferring the LVG often plays a factor in how outraged people are. This last bit is my opinion based of many years of observation, feel free to disagree.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Karlsson's after game press conference comments cements what I've been saying for years. Karlsson is a f***ing tool. Honestly, dude's an idiot.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Karlsson's after game press conference comments cements what I've been saying for years. Karlsson is a ****ing tool. Honestly, dude's an idiot.
Lol.

The hatred some Sens have for Karlsson is so bizarre, all he did was carry this team to the ECF on one leg, won two Norris trophies and was basically the best player to ever put on a Sens jersey and yet, most still despise him for no reason really.

Reactions: Caesar Rex

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Lol.

The hatred some Sens have for Karlsson is so bizarre, all he did was carry this team to the ECF on one leg, won two Norris trophies and was basically the best player to ever put on a Sens jersey and yet, most still despise him for no reason really.

Pierre Dorion said the locker room was broken!

Reactions: Caesar Rex

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Karlsson's after game press conference comments cements what I've been saying for years. Karlsson is a ****ing tool. Honestly, dude's an idiot.

I just watched the press conference and have no idea what you might be talking about. For your sake, I hope I missed the clip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad