NHL PLAYOFFS 2019 - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Of course Ovi was mad. The game should have been tied. The puck was clearly loose and he got puck first. Who cares about his political views honestly? [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
One crazy thing to think of with Leafs/bruins is how likely they are to play each other again next year in the first round

Adrianopolous

Oct 5, 2017
Delray Beach, Florida
The general consensus is that Ottawa was the team that got hosed in the Duchene deal, but Nashville gave up some pretty good pieces for what looks like an albatross of a contract.

Yup, there's been silence regarding KTs declining play in the last year and a half. I know he had some injury issues, but he was completely invisible this series. Only time I saw him was when he completely missed the net on a breakaway last game.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I can’t imagine having Turris here for 6 years at this stage. His Nashville body of work is too big now to blame on injuries. His body language doesn’t lie: he looks miserable out there and they will try and move him and his annoying wife.

What I love about playoff hockey is watching teams more closely. Dallas has some great skaters. This Roope kid, Dickinson, really fly.

I know people like to get on Ottawa being broke and such, but how did Montreal not give Radulov what he wanted? They make a ton of money, their ticket prices are really high, and they let Radulov go? That guy is a warrior.

Spezza can still do Spezza things: good and bad. He certainly isn’t washed up, but their coach absolutely doesn’t trust him. I think he had two or three shifts in OT

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
I can’t imagine having Turris here for 6 years at this stage. His Nashville body of work is too big now to blame on injuries. His body language doesn’t lie: he looks miserable out there and they will try and move him and his annoying wife.

What I love about playoff hockey is watching teams more closely. Dallas has some great skaters. This Roope kid, Dickinson, really fly.

I know people like to get on Ottawa being broke and such, but how did Montreal not give Radulov what he wanted? They make a ton of money, their ticket prices are really high, and they let Radulov go? That guy is a warrior.

Spezza can still do Spezza things: good and bad. He certainly isn’t washed up, but their coach absolutely doesn’t trust him. I think he had two or three shifts in OT

Dallas is a fun team and them making the conference final could improve our draft position a spot, provided Columbus bows out in the second round.

I love the play of Klingberg and Heiskanen. Heiskanen is so poised and such an amazing defender. He is averaging 26 minutes a game in the playoffs as a 19 year old!

I agree. Radulov is an absolute stud.

Roope and Dickinson have surprised me.

Reactions: coladin

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
he looks miserable out there and they will try and move him and his annoying wife.

I mean... Wow...

Other than that though evidence is more and more convincing that dealing Turris was a good decision. I said it when the deal was made for Duchene, I thought the trade was good but the way the team played after the trade made it terrible for Ottawa. I never thought Turris would really struggle like that, but he's had a really hard time taking his spot in Nashville. Looks a lot like when Brassard got traded here, Rangers fans were saying we got a gamer and when Brassard got here he was nothing special. Same here with Turris, he was really good and clutch for us but now he looks lost.

Had Duchene re-signed in Ottawa I think we would've won that deal.

Last edited:

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005

Really dude? You really think she's a problem in Nashville, or are you still hurt by her comments towards your hero/owner and GM?

Stay classy.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I'm not a fan of Melnyk and co but I hate when wives or family members come out to the media and interfere with business matters between two people.

It's so cringe

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
I'm not a fan of Melnyk and co but I hate when wives or family members come out to the media and interfere with business matters between two people.

It's so cringe

Agreed, but is she still doing it to Nashville? If not, why bring it up?

And there isn't anything wrong with the Bonnie and Carl Lindros' of the world. :sarcasm:

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
Now that Stone isn't on Ottawa, people are saying hes a top 5 winger in the game. At least hes finally getting the recognition he deserves. Of all the players we lost, it stung the most losing him. Glad to see him playing well in Vegas.

Reactions: DrEasy and Beville

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Now that Stone isn't on Ottawa, people are saying hes a top 5 winger in the game. At least hes finally getting the recognition he deserves. Of all the players we lost, it stung the most losing him. Glad to see him playing well in Vegas.

Think he outplays EK tonight? I get that sense EK plays the game of his life tonight. Multi point game and he’s back on top as ‘the one defenseman in the NHL who can control a game’

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I actually don't think so. Partially because Karl is not actually allowed to just run the show anymore.

I think the injury is hampering him more than "not being able to run the show". EK was fine in his role on that team (after the first 15 games anyways) when healthy, he just hasn't been able to avoid the nagging injuries for the better part of the season.

It's a bit of a shame as Prime EK vs Prime Stone in the playoffs would be a sight to see.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
I think the injury is hampering him more than "not being able to run the show". EK was fine in his role on that team (after the first 15 games anyways) when healthy, he just hasn't been able to avoid the nagging injuries for the better part of the season.

It's a bit of a shame as Prime EK vs Prime Stone in the playoffs would be a sight to see.

Sure. I agree. He's injured.

I also don't think he has the opportunity to just take over a game completely in SJ. He can put up points, but noone is going to watch his game and go OMG

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

karlsson was one of the best, if not the best player in the league for SJ before his injury. More than "fine".

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I mean... Wow...

Other than that though evidence is more and more convincing that dealing Turris was a good decision. I said it when the deal was made for Duchene, I thought the trade was good but the way the team played after the trade made it terrible for Ottawa. I never thought Turris would really struggle like that, but he's had a really hard time taking his spot in Nashville. Looks a lot like when Brassard got traded here, Rangers fans were saying we got a gamer and when Brassard got here he was nothing special. Same here with Turris, he was really good and clutch for us but now he looks lost.

Had Duchene re-signed in Ottawa I think we would've won that deal.
There is no "thinking" about winning that deal, if Duchene re-signs, it is a home run. I don't even know where the heck they would trade Turris at this stage. Montreal needs a center. If Laviolette gets fired, Turris may have a chance to turn things around. He is a good player, but clearly his body language is pretty evident that he is unhappy playing for this coach.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Think he outplays EK tonight? I get that sense EK plays the game of his life tonight. Multi point game and he’s back on top as ‘the one defenseman in the NHL who can control a game’
I'm pulling for San Jose tonight. Vegas fans have had everything go their way , so that OT win felt great. Don't want them to think that what they have going on for an expansion team is normal. Can't wait.

Reactions: Tuna99

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
There is no "thinking" about winning that deal, if Duchene re-signs, it is a home run. I don't even know where the heck they would trade Turris at this stage. Montreal needs a center. If Laviolette gets fired, Turris may have a chance to turn things around. He is a good player, but clearly his body language is pretty evident that he is unhappy playing for this coach.

A signed Turris + 1st + Bowers (1st) for Matt Duchene is far from a home run. It's actually the opposite (golden sombrero, maybe?). The perceived gap was much, much smaller between Turris and Duchene at the time of the trade. Duchene was coming off a brutal season, and Turris was busying scoring OT winners in the playoffs.

As soon as it went down it was abundantly clear we grossly overpaid. It was just a matter of whether the overpayment might end up being "worth it".

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Who you picking between Dallas and St. Louis?

I am leaning towards the Blues. They played a good gritty game vs the Jets who were a pretty good team. Binnington has been very good. Dallas has the bigger guns but I like St. Louis D more.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
A signed Turris + 1st + Bowers (1st) for Matt Duchene is far from a home run. It's actually the opposite (golden sombrero, maybe?). The perceived gap was much, much smaller between Turris and Duchene at the time of the trade. Duchene was coming off a brutal season, and Turris was busying scoring OT winners in the playoffs.

As soon as it went down it was abundantly clear we grossly overpaid. It was just a matter of whether the overpayment might end up being "worth it".
Matt Duchene seems to be hitting his stride. A true No. 1 center. Turris is a healthy scratch at 6M this season. The 4th OA, hurts, but Duchene signing long term here, at this stage, would look like a home run to me. At the time of the trade, Duchene was always the better player, and the 1st Rd pick was not supposed to be a lottery pick. I mean, many overestimated Turris, while other underestimated Duchene, and that is ok.

At the time, I didn't think it was a gross overpayment. We were supposed to be a playoff team. Bowers was ranked low in the Sens depth chart.

Reactions: Crosside

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Who you picking between Dallas and St. Louis?

I am leaning towards the Blues. They played a good gritty game vs the Jets who were a pretty good team. Binnington has been very good. Dallas has the bigger guns but I like St. Louis D more.
There is something about Dallas this playoffs that is telling me they could end up in the Final. Just a sense of team and belief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->