NHL Playoff performers

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Just a thread to encourage some boasting (or gnashing of teeth) as we watch how our HFNHL stars perform in the NHL playoffs.

I'll start it off with opening night action:

The Columbus Blue Jackets had several strong showings in last night's opening matchups of the 2007 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs, as Mike Grier (SJS), Chris Kelly (OTT), Dustin Penner (game winer - ANA) and Henrik Sedin (game winner - VAN) all scored in their respective teams' series-opening wins.

Sedin's goal was particularly sweet, coming as it did in the fourth overtime period of a marthon matchup at GM Place. Sedin also added an assist on the night. Considering how much Sedin struggled to put the puck in the net during the regular season (scoring only 10 goals to go with his 71 assists in 82 games played), bagging the OT winner to put the Caucks up 1-0 in the series is even more special. Here's to hoping the goal breaks the floodgates as a sign of more scoring to come for Henrik!

OK, over to you, boys: who is standing out for their terrific (or horrific) NHL playoff performances? (Nick, Cohen - got anything to say about how your goalies performed? :bow: )

Last edited:

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
OK, over to you, boys: who is standing out for their terrific (or horrific) NHL playoff performances? (Nick, Cohen - got anything to say about how your goalies performed? :bow: )

You mean another playoff game, and another loss for Turco? :cry: Luongo was the real star of that game, although obviously there is no shame in the loss for Turco. I did find it interesting the teams combined for 8 goals in the first 60 minutes and then it took another 70 minutes or so to get that pesky OT goal. It's not often I fall a sleep on the couch during over time and wake up two hours later and it's still going. Had to double check the clock before staggering to bed (had more than a beers at the Scotiabank place during the Sens win, so not a real surprise I passed out!).

Other than that, decent games for Thornton, Michalek, Heatley, Alfredsson and a few others, but it's early days yet.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
My best player from last night's action was a player not even on my current roster. Prospect Alexander Radulov had 2 goals in his post-season debut for Nashville.

Forsberg had 1 assist and was a presence physically for Nashville.

Tonight we have Zubrus, Kozlov, Hilbert, Campoli, Elias and Rupp in action.

chump06

Clearly luongo is trying to prove he is worth more than the measly $4m he is earning in the HFNHL... :snide: Lets hope he can replicate those performances in our post season as well, the Sens are coming for you Joshua! :fight:

Clearly luongo is trying to prove he is worth more than the measly $4m he is earning in the HFNHL... :snide: Lets hope he can replicate those performances in our post season as well, the Sens are coming for you Joshua! :fight:

Man! is it hate Sabres month or something? I'm a lowly 6th seed! why is everybody picking on me? :dunno:

Dare I mention the word "underdog" or did i :deadhorse that one last year?

Ok, ok...so i got lucky and stole :stanley: last season...yes, from that fabled #7 slot, but I'm feeling like I've got about a dozen crosshairs on me atm. :surrender

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
... including mine. Oh, except I'm not going to be in the playoffs to face you, at this rate!

BTW, is it just me, or does your post read like one of those children's stories where they substitute a picture for all the nouns? ;)

... including mine. Oh, except I'm not going to be in the playoffs to face you, at this rate!

BTW, is it just me, or does your post read like one of those children's stories where they substitute a picture for all the nouns? ;)

yeah....What can i say? I was looking for something different, saw the more smilies link and got completely carried away.

Careful or I'll Write a 500 word post and try to find a way to fit them all in!

Btw...thanks doug. much appreciated. As Oscar Wild once said..."A true friend stabs you in the front." At least i can cross you off my enemies list!

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Hey chump,

Wait your turn and go to the back of the line coz the line is long. Also, you have to go through Raleigh, North Carolina maximum four times before you can get to Buffalo, New York. Hang on, are you both going to make the playoffs?:naughty: I'm willing to take on the 2 vs 7 mojo to take you out Chump.

On another note... which FHL sim league in the world could have potentially ( i say this coz I don't think the Sens and Sabs could make the playoffs :D), three GM's that is not from a traditional ice hockey country and is half way around the world? :sarcasm:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Only one HFNHL Blue Jacket dressed in last night's games. Arron Asham scored the lone goal in the NY Islanders' loss to Buffalo. Methinks that's going to be a short series, even though they're rushing back Dipetro, who I don't believe is truly ready.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Only one HFNHL Blue Jacket dressed in last night's games. Arron Asham scored the lone goal in the NY Islanders' loss to Buffalo. Methinks that's going to be a short series, even though they're rushing back Dipetro, who I don't believe is truly ready.

He probably isn't ready... and Game 1 was anything but Dubi's fault. They need to score more than 1 goal no matter who's playing goal. Shaping up to be a short series, indeed...

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Iginla sucks. Datsyuk Rocks. I'm more interested in the CHL playoffs, where Setoguchi leads all WHL players, and Downie all OHL players. In the Q, Bryce Swan was awesome with 9 points and 6 goals in his 12 playoff games....

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
He's not on my roster, but as a Sharks fan, Mike Grier got the #1 star last night without getting a goal or an assist. He is my favorite NHL'er. I love to watch him play, there's nothing he doesn't do for the team.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
He's not on my roster, but as a Sharks fan, Mike Grier got the #1 star last night without getting a goal or an assist. He is my favorite NHL'er. I love to watch him play, there's nothing he doesn't do for the team.

Sweet, hadn't heard that. He's been having a good spring all around. Go Mike! :cbj:

(Anyone else feeling a San Jose / Anaheim Western Conference Final? Detroit is the X factor...)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad