NHL playoff/movie ads

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I saw it on NBC and a few other locally televised games. I think it is more of the league promoting the movie for some reason (i don't who has a stake in it) than cross promotion. I doubt there will be NHL commercials in the theatres when this movie is played and these ads are only run during NHL games (like all the other pointless NHL ads).

KeydGV21

Jul 25, 2006
It is about time that the NHL has a big time movie like 300 to promote the Stanley Cup Playoffs in there. Though the only place I have seen it is online. Did anyone see it on the NBC games? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOLEvbJvCX0

I saw it on NBC (I can't remember which game I was watching at the time).

Personally I think it's a waste; I have a hard time thinking people will watch the playoffs because of that commercial, it doesn't actually sell the game. It's like those "just like you and me commercials." I have a hard time believing someone who watched that commercial would want to watch a NHL game because Ovechkin sent Crosby an absurd ammount of food via room service.

Last edited:

Raptor

Nov 19, 2006
Los Angeles
www.fifasoccer.ru
I saw it on NBC (I can't remember which game I was watching at the time).

Personally I think it's a waste; I have a hard time thinking people will watch the playoffs because of that commercial, it doesn't actually sell the game. It's like those "just like you and me commercials." I I have a hard time believing someone who watched that commercials would want to watch a NHL game because Ovechkin sent Crosby an absurd amount of food via room service.
I'm half rolling on the floor and half agreeing with you.

EbencoyE

Nov 26, 2006
This is just promoting 300. This is not helping the NHL in anyway besides getting money for doing it.

Nothing will ever beat the Nike Goalie commercials and the "________ would be better if it were hockey" commercials.

Those were entertaining, and promoted the game at the same time.

NBC could get good ratings if they atleast TRIED to promote the NHL. The only time I ever see NHL commercials is during NHL games.

How are you supposed to pick up new fans when you're advertising to the current fans who already know the NHL is on? Most people don't even know NBC shows the NHL. Make people aware of that and you'll get good ratings. It's not hard.

massilem

I was wondering who those creepy warrior guys were on the jumbotron at TDBanknorth...

We usually have a clip from Slap Shot before each game, and they've been having a clip from this movie up. I had no idea what it was, but I was pissed they changed it. At least I get it now :-/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad