NHL players with the worst English

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
I'm actually surprise at how good Tarasenko's English is. If I remember correctly, he had a translator during his first press conference in the NHL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
Vasilevskiy has some pretty bad English, while Kuch has it down. Vasy was interviewed tonight about being the Bolts shut out leader. He was battling to say the least.

Reactions: Bigrigwilly43

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Vasilevskiy has some pretty bad English, while Kuch has it down. Vasy was interviewed tonight about being the Bolts shut out leader. He was battling to say the least.

Ehh some guys just never get the rust off. If you can say "I may as well be a Barista" when describing how much coffee you drink you're pretty darn good. To his credit Sergachev speaks some of the best English I've ever heard out of a Russian player

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Russians shouldn't count because of context but I was always a bit surprised how Valeri Bure spoke/speak so much better English than his older brother.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Have you ever heard Namestnikov speak English? You probably have, given he played for your team for many years.

His accent sounds half NA/half Russian. He speaks terrific English.
Yes he is exceptional as well. I have kinda come to expect that because he had gone back and forth between Russia and the US whereas Sergachev I think had lived his whole life in Russia until the OHL import draft

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

flames96

Feb 16, 2019
Why is Malkin so bad? Which foreign languages do the teach in Russian schools?. French and Germans are awful as well at English, don't they teach other languages in school. Guess dubbing TV and movies does not help either

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Why is Malkin so bad? Which foreign languages do the teach in Russian schools?. French and Germans are awful as well at English, don't they teach other languages in school. Guess dubbing TV and movies does not help either

In Europe they don't teach english that much in Russia, France, Germany, Italy, Spain etc. Only in Nordic Countries and Netherlands they speak it good.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad