League News: NHL players will be going to Sochi

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I hope Russia doesnt even make it out of the first round or whatever the **** its called.

as hard as ov takes it when Russia loses and as much pressure and blame as is dumped on him when they have lost in the past, i'd be hoping the Russians had enough success to that it wouldn't ruin the rest of the caps season after.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
as hard as ov takes it when Russia loses and as much pressure and blame as is dumped on him when they have lost in the past, i'd be hoping the Russians had enough success to that it wouldn't ruin the rest of the caps season after.
**** it. Crash and burn!

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Don't follow international hockey too much, but limiting things to talent, Russia should medal right?

Russia, Sweden, Canada, USA are always competitive. Czech Republic will probably be good too, and probably others I'm leaving out. It's far from a given, especially depending on matchups.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Bronze is a stretch.

USA hockey is developing the best young talent and Canada always has the best in the world, Russia really lacks the defense and goaltending to win Gold IMO.

But they have the best cop on the force! Have you no faith in BOBROVSKY?

Seriously though, Russia's got a decent shot. A lot of the best players on Finland and the Czech Republic are getting old (Selanne, Timonen, Jagr, Hamrlik, Vokoun), and the USA's still very young. With home ice factored in, I think there's a very good chance they medal.

billcook

Apr 17, 2012
I got a very bad feeling about large surface and Canada chances.......

IMO it will be like this:

1st: Sweden
2nd: USA
3rd: Russia
4th: Canada or Finland

Halpysback*

Hopefully Russia takes gold and Ovechkin retires to Traktor to soak in being the hero and mentor Kuznetsov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad