NHL players of Yugoslavian descent

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars
Christopher Tanev, Jose Theodore, Mike Angelidis, Andy Anderoff, Dan Jancevski, Steve Staios, Chris Phillips(surprisingly Macedonian ancestry changed last name), Zigomanis (from Banitsa Aegean Macedonia) to name a few others of Macedonian decent, to add from the players previously mentioned.
BRAVO!

Last edited:

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Christopher Tanev, Mike Angelidis, Andy Anderoff, Dan Jancevski, Steve Staios, Chris Phillips(surprisingly Macedonian ancestry changed last name), Zigomanis (from Banitsa Aegean Macedonia) to name a few others of Macedonian decent, to add from the players previously mentioned.
BRAVO!

Where's Jovo and Stamkos?

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
I think Jack Roslovic might be but there are no records of it... The surname is similar to Rosović wich is very common in Croatia and there was actor Rick Rossovich in Top Gun

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Pretty sure he is canadian of Croatian ancestry ;)

Horvat, that must mean Croat, right?

Both his parents are second generation Croatian Canadians as is his cousin who plays for philadelphia(name escapes me at the moment)

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Could be. There are croats with that last name; but it is also a decently common name among ashkenazi in eastern Europe; particularly in what is today Poland and the Ukraine.

Yeap, that is why I ask. I am croatian and my surname is very similar (Bosak) but there is Božak surname in northern Croatia too that might be his original surname . And Horvat literally means Croat (Hrvat) in archaic croatian, and few other slavic languages.

And I have to ask, you know a lot about croatian surnames for a Finnish (or Swede?) . :D How is that?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Yes, Bozak apparently has Ukrainian roots both on paternal and maternal side. His grandfather also had a long career in sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->