NHL players general knowledge questions

londonHK

Feb 27, 2014
The most respectable players in the game are the ones who handle both sports and their academics. The amount of players that have done well in University and gone on to be pro's in sports is a handful. Here is a good article here

http://www.nhlpa.com/news/combining-brains-and-brawn

Craig Adams was the only one to attend Harvard, the number 1 University in the world

According to that article, so did Dominic Moore.

And come on, Yale over Harvard any day. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, it'd be great to see more hockey players that are both well-educated and successful athletes, but the hockey development system generally isn't built for an aspiring hockey pro to devote attention to both things, and to be honest, as long as NHL players carry themselves professionally and with class off-ice, I'm not going to be fussed about the rest of their off-ice personalities. I caveat that with the fact that I still feel embarrassed for them when I watch the Bernier and Gerry Dee videos, but that's just me (unfairly) imposing my own personal expectations on people who live very different lives than me, and I recognize that.

goawaygary*

When they tell you on the news that an earthquake was a magnitude of 6 what do you think they're telling you?

What about your finances? If your business started at $13 profit and is now doubling in profits every month, how much money do you have after 31 months?
You could waste 10 minutes calculating it like $13x2, $26x2, $52x2 etc 384 times or do it in seconds using a logarithmic equation

My finances are quite good as I retired early and own 3 homes.

Some people are more mathematical than others, that's fine, but there's also no need to force math elitism on others. We can do just fine in our lives without ever having to use calculus.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
So professional athletes aren't exactly contending for the Nobel Prize? What's new?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->