NHL players general knowledge questions

Discussion in 'National Hockey League Talk' started by sly731, Dec 9, 2014.

1. londonHK

londonHK Registered User

According to that article, so did Dominic Moore.

And come on, Yale over Harvard any day. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, it'd be great to see more hockey players that are both well-educated and successful athletes, but the hockey development system generally isn't built for an aspiring hockey pro to devote attention to both things, and to be honest, as long as NHL players carry themselves professionally and with class off-ice, I'm not going to be fussed about the rest of their off-ice personalities. I caveat that with the fact that I still feel embarrassed for them when I watch the Bernier and Gerry Dee videos, but that's just me (unfairly) imposing my own personal expectations on people who live very different lives than me, and I recognize that.

2. goawaygary*

goawaygary* Guest

My finances are quite good as I retired early and own 3 homes.

Some people are more mathematical than others, that's fine, but there's also no need to force math elitism on others. We can do just fine in our lives without ever having to use calculus.

3. Atas2000

Atas2000 Registered User

So professional athletes aren't exactly contending for the Nobel Prize? What's new?