NHL player you most play like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakiet*

Ville Nieminen
He's my favorite Flame to watch because of it. I like to play tenaciously, get on the opponents' nerves, never never giving up on a play even if it seems impossible.

I like to say that when I play I unleash 'Nieminen' on the opposing skaters.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I'd probably say a hybrid of Vaclav Prospal and Ville Niemenen. My skating style is odd, and I'm not a great skater, but it works for me. I'm a very good passer on our team, and also am a pretty good agitator, and I especially love getting mixed up with the goalie.

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
Well I've got Scott Niedermayer skating, Ilja Kovalchuk offensive skills, Nikolaï Zherdev puckhandling skills and John Madden defensive game. It's a pretty good package, but I've got a very mean streak, more like a Vaclav Varada.

I'm a forward, but I prefer to play goalie, since it's my better position. I'm more like a stronger version of Martin Brodeur, but with better reflexes.

Seriously guys, I don't play hockey, I'm a martial artist. But it's funny to see your descriptions, when reading this thread we could swear we have a few hall of famers here... :)

Theoren Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
Visit site
I haven't really played goalie like I used to all the time afew years ago, but basicly everyone I ever played with all say that I was awesome with some bad days. I think I just impressed alot of guys with some insane quickness with some clutch and acrobatic saves. On the flip side of it though, I could make 4 or 5 big saves that should've gone in, and then let a simple shot beat the 5-hole or whatever. Wasn't the most technically sound, but was pretty fun to watch and managed to stop the puck more times then not on top of it. Anyway, everybody that ever compared me to any NHL goalie always mentioned Mike Richter which I was always pretty happy about. Growing up watching the Rangers, I crafted my style after Richter anyway so it was pretty cool when people started to say stuff like that.

grapeshine

Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
My teammates got a little concerned when I told them that I modeled my game on Bill Berg's. I could make a killer dump-in and that's about it.

deauminic

Jul 8, 2004
Naslund

In my league, I'm considered a lot like a (way) less talented Markus Naslund. I ended being first scorer of the league last year. I'm a speedy left winger with some size, but doesn't use it. Lot of scoring habilities, great vision and great leadership...

In fact, I had everything to play in the NHL ! I was just missing this thing you call...pure talent.

Those matching with NHL players make us realize how good NHL players are. Nobody wants to compare himself directly :teach:

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
Well we didn't have enough d-man at first, so I took on Scott Stevens type role, however my true talent is scoring, so when we got another D-man I turned on my real game, which like my number(44) is along the line of Todd Bertuzzi..without the punchs to the back of the head, i prefer slash to teh skate :p:

nikebauer

Jul 21, 2005
Vancouver
Mattias Ohlund, solid defenceman that is persistent at checking, but I wont be WOWing you with my stick skills anytime soon. Scores the occasional goal

Renholder

Racing like a pro
Jun 24, 2005
montreal
i don't play hockey in a competetive league. I play pickup hockey with kids of the neihborhood and I'd like to fancy myself being quite good skating forward . (think of a marty saint louis sized skater, without the goal-scoring ability). My wrister is good, my slapshot is average. I always pass before shooting and some people hate me for it. I block shots without thinking twice (broke an ankle because of it) and I'm a sloppy, but efficient skater (forwards of course). I can't skate backwards for my life, ok I could but not fast. I usually end up with the most points because of my playmaking abilities. I slow the game down to my level of play whenver I'm in the offensive zone and I always, backcheck. I'm not soft in any stretch of the imagination but I dont play physical. I'm strong on the puck and I can mow through taller players, I have a good lower body.

Yeah, it's not impressive since I only started playing hockey a few years ago. Never had the money to play in any junior leagues, I could've been decent... Hockey isn't my best sport though.

I started playing competitive handball , my second favorite sport, when I was in 5th grade. I was the captain of my team throughout highschool and people compared me to Gretzky. I think they are out of their minds but I guess I understand their comparison. I'm short (170 centimeters) , I never got hit. I played center, and I had a deadly shot. I was firstly a playmaker though. I'm deceptively fast and I made my teamates better.

I had to stop playing for a while because of injuries I sustained (back problems, bad knees, broken ankless) . I'm only 18 years old but I feel like i'm 68. :(

JonathanK

McOptimistic
Aug 1, 2005
Edmonton, AB
25% Claude Lemieux, 25% Mats Sundin, and 50% Sergei Gonchar

I mostly play defence but I am more offensived minded than defensive and I love pissing people off, turtling, and diving to draw a penalty. I never fight

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
Sergei Zubov. Not overly physical. Not overly flashy. Tough to get around. Plays smart. Makes a good first pass. Can take it coast to coast if need be but you wouldn't expect it. Not an overly powerful shot, but accurate and knows when to just lay it on the net.
Of course I'm just way worse in every aspect than him. In our beer hockey league I resemble Sergei when compared to other players. I by no means consider myself a stellar talent. Just a good beer leaguer.

Last edited:

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
A lot of ppl nick name me Bure but I play a lot more like Maxim Afinogenov. I'm quick and flashy but admittedly have little finish, unless I'm playing in a low skill division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad