NHL player you most play like

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBruins7719428

Nov 4, 2003
Burlington, VT
MikeS said:
Remember that famous picture of Orr scoring the OT goal vs. St Louis in 1970 to win the cup?

Now picture me, nowhere near the net, flying through the air (just like Bobby) only not scoring a goal, and not really close to the play. :sarcasm: :D

That's a good one!

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
i skate like a pregnant yak - is there a player like that?

im 6'4" seriously, so i guess primeau when he was young, couldnt skate and couldnt bent his knees. im like that - just a lot worse.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
bleedgreen said:
i skate like a pregnant yak - is there a player like that?

im 6'4" seriously, so i guess primeau when he was young, couldnt skate and couldnt bent his knees. im like that - just a lot worse.

Hmmm...pregnant yak. Brett Hull came to mind. Y'know, being chubby is fine when you're a regular person with no time or money for personal trainers and diet programs. Whats Hull's excuse?
:confused:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
RMU2 said:
i'd trade him my weight for his shot though

If i traded my weight for his, I'd have to have his shot, seeing as I probably wouldn't be able to move so well.

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
I guess there are a number of similarities between Brian Rafalski's game and my own. We're both undersized, smart, and efficient defensemen. We're both right-handed. We're both pass-first. I can't claim to be NEARLY as composed as Rafalski on the PP, but I do consider myself a slightly more willing defender.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
mathieu Dandenault

I'm a decent 3rd or 4th liner on offense, and a capable 5 or 6 d-man. Except whereas Dandenault may get a few goals a year, I get maybe one due to a bad play by the goalie. My wrist shot is about 20 mph, and always goes right into the goalie's chest.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Gordie Howe...............................but you have to remember Gordie is 77 years old. :D

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Habsfan 32 said:
Ouch! At least you can fight like him right?
The only time I ever got into a fight was when a brawl started, and I didn't like doing it.

I can hit, I block more shots than anyone. I'm basically solid in my own end. But if comes down to joining the rush or making a great breakout pass, forget it about it, I'm useless.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Mike Peca. Small, gritty, good defensively and a good passer. I'm definetely not good at scoring goals though.

bruins4777*

In goalie I play most like cloutier good reflexes, meltdowns and not great postioning. When any other postion dimotraks maybe good deking and passing, but not physical and not the best at shooting. At defense I'm excellent at blocking shots, but suck at everythink else

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
As much as I hate to admit it, I play a lot like Bertuzzi. Good skater, great shot, decent pass, very physical, great conditioning, but I tend to be undisciplined and inconsistent. I'm even the exact same size, except I'm bigger in the upper body. The one signifcant difference between us (well, other than the fact that I'm nowhere near as good as he is) is that I'm nowhere near as strong on the puck as Bertuzzi. I can get stripped pretty easily; that's why I usually don't want the puck until I'm ready to shoot.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
I've been told Jere Karalahti.... but that skating like Sami Kapanen

I'm fast (fastest on team) decent slapper... excellent wrist shot (they clal me the finnish wrister haha) good defensive play... but bad vision and sometimes make bad choices with the puck:p:

Bruinaholic

Apr 22, 2002
Central CT
I play D and i play tough and lay hits whenever possible(although it leads to a fair amount of penaltys at times)
I like to mold my game after Mclaren but i think im more of a Barrett Jackman w/ a good wrister.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad