NHL player you most play like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrish

Apr 2, 2004
Decatur; Indiana
RMU2 said:
I'd say i play alot like Mike Knuble... i put the puck in the net and play a decent game, but i'm never gonna wow you but i get the job done

I would say I play like Jean-Sebastion Aubin.I'm a full-right goalie. I play with my stick side mostly closed down. This makes for a lot of shiots to the glove side which almost any full right goalies strong point.

I do play D every now and then. I woukld say a poor mans Kenny Jonsson. I cant skate worth a damn and i dont have the shooting touch of Jonsson.I'd say he plays the body and such the same way as me though. He ositions himself on the ice much like I do. But when I play D I'm always the #6 or #5 dman. I'm not very good.

Last edited:

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Hmmm... NHL'ers, eh? That's going to be tough...

While I've played the game since I was old enough to skate, I can't think of one single N.H.L. player whom I play like the most... so I guess I'll just break it down:

Skating: Peter Worrell
Shooting/Goal Scoring: A 'poor man's' Mattius Norstrom
Passing/Playmaking: Krzysztof Oliwa
Stickhandling: Jim Sandlak
Defense: Pavel 'freaking' Bure!
Physical Play: Steve Kariya

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Smart Alek said:
Hmmm... NHL'ers, eh? That's going to be tough...

While I've played the game since I was old enough to skate, I can't think of one single N.H.L. player whom I play like the most... so I guess I'll just break it down:

Skating: Peter Worrell
Shooting/Goal Scoring: A 'poor man's' Mattius Norstrom
Passing/Playmaking: Krzysztof Oliwa
Stickhandling: Jim Sandlak
Defense: Pavel 'freaking' Bure!
Physical Play: Steve Kariya
That sums me up pretty well. I usually just skip the list and say that I play like Lumme in his last year as a Leaf.

Last edited:

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I always thought I played like Tyson Nash, a little chippy while managing to piss off everyone. With no offensive game at all.. :|

Olaf Kolzig.

I'm about the same size, 6'4 230lbs and I certainly use my size to my advatage but I'm no butterfly goalie. In fact I probably depend on my size and flexibility a little too much and leave myself in some awkward positions when I have to stretch and can't recover.

But when I am on.... well I finished the season with 4 shutouts and a GAA of 3.10 in a men's league where defense was a rare commodity and the average was 4.51.

MikeS

Bobby Orr (sorta)

Remember that famous picture of Orr scoring the OT goal vs. St Louis in 1970 to win the cup?

Now picture me, nowhere near the net, flying through the air (just like Bobby) only not scoring a goal, and not really close to the play. :sarcasm: :D

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
After last night, I found myself to be playing like Felix Potvin......way too deep in the net with no puck handling skills!

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Some people told me that I looked alot like Joe Sakic on the ice. I used to play a more agitator style but now I'm an offensive player so maybe they are right. I have great skating skills and my shot is deadly and my passes are pretty accurate. I also have have some great stickhanlding skills.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Playing the blueline the last couple years, I like to jump into the play....alot.(PPG on the blueline) Also, I didn't play chippy....

Ohlund?

RedLightDistrict

Jan 21, 2005
Archie Irbe, Baby! :yo: . I'm th only guy who plays stand-up in my entire league; not too bad for a first timer playing against kids who've been playing since they were five

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Anybody who can pass fairly well but can't puckhandle,skate fast or get off a decent shot.Just add Gordie Howe's elbows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->