NHL on TNT Youtube Channel

SeanConn

Apr 25, 2018
New Cork, New Brunswick, Canada
(Of lack there of...)

Anyone have any insight or theories on why there's no NHL on TNT Youtube Channel?

The NBA on TNT's youtube channel is hugely successful and the only way millions of people around the world get any coverage of the 'TNT crew" at all, because TNT isn't even available in their country/ region. I find myself tuning into their youtube channel for pre-game/post game coverage of TNT games that get carried by Sportsnet/ TSN, which don't always include the NBA tip-off or Postgame segments.

Seems like kind of a missed opportunity regarding their NHL coverage so far... as a Canadian I've seen their opening night coverage, saw Charles Barkley and Shaq do a sick crossover, but otherwise, I haven't seen any of the TNT coverage since they've started covering the NHL. (I'm in Canada, and as far as I know, there's no legitimate way for Canadians to get TNT)

They can't be worried putting the content on Youtube would lessen the incentive for people to subscribe to TNT, and they're just flat out missing out on ad revenue from the millions of Canadians and other hockey fans around the world who'd watch some of their coverage on a Youtube channel.

Dunno if anyone at Turner is reading HFboards today... but if they are... pass the suggestion along? I think many hockey fans from outside the USA wanna see what Wayner and the crew are saying about the NHL from time to time! Beyond that, people who might never watch the NHL on TNT on their TV, might happen to watch a few clips on Youtube and become more interested in the sport. I was hoping they'd have a Youtube channel by now, but maybe there's some reasons why they don't/can't have one, yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad