NHL On NBC Nominated for one Sports Emmy

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The quality of their broadcasts have been very good and I love the announcing teams. Versus is even improving the broadcasts from last year. Even though they had one game where the audio was 2 or 3 seconds later than the video. It looked like a kung fu movie.

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
I've been very impressed with NBC's whole presentation this year. They've managed to get very good very fast.

bictron

Jul 31, 2005
Tracy, CA
The actual broadcast of the game is good, but the intermission is absolutely horrible. Give the crew more time, and really get them off that rink.

If you're going to use the rink, give them more time to explain plays or strategies.

Last edited:

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
It was hockey's only Emmy nomination. Seriously. Everything else was football, baseball, basketball.

I may be seeing through red kool-aid covered glasses, but how does Mike Tirico get nominated for best play-by-play man over Mike Emrick?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It was hockey's only Emmy nomination. Seriously. Everything else was football, baseball, basketball.

I may be seeing through red kool-aid covered glasses, but how does Mike Tirico get nominated for best play-by-play man over Mike Emrick?

The same reasons people rarely pay attention to things like Emmys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad