NHL On NBC Names its team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Here it is without all the bios and stuff...

Studio Host: Bill Clement
Studio Analyst: Ray Ferraro

Game of the Week team
Play By Play: Mike Emrick
Analyst: John Davidson
Reporter: Pierre McGuire

Team #2
Play By Play: Chris Cuthbert
Color: Peter McNab
Reporter: Cammi Granato

Team #3
Play By Play Dave Strader
Color: Brian Hayward
Reporter: Joe Michelleti

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
Did anyone notice the biggest part of that release? I thought NBC was only showing Saturday games... according to the release, NBC will show Conference Quarters and Semis on both Saturdays AND Sundays!!! :handclap: For what looks like 4 straight weeks!!! :handclap:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Stevedude530 said:
Team #2

looks like getting canned from the CBC was the greatest thing that could happen to Chris. As for Cammi, i truly hate chicks doing sports, i rather see Vladimir Krutov be the "reporter"(he can relate to the fans how the hot dogs are at each stadium).

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Hasbro said:
Bitter about last night? ;)

Not at all, Peter is just a big windbag ... period ... alot of people OUTSIDE of Colorado can't stand the "Altitude Network" ... and more specifically Mr McNab ... has nothing to do with whether my team lost or not to the Avs that night ... he's just downright an awful color analyst

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
Stevedude530 said:
Team #2
Granato meh, but I won't mind that one

Stevedude530 said:
Game of the Week team
So I'll get one of the best JD and have to put up with oen of the worst PM :rant:

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Seamus O' Toole said:
Not at all, Peter is just a big windbag ... period ... alot of people OUTSIDE of Colorado can't stand the "Altitude Network" ... and more specifically Mr McNab ... has nothing to do with whether my team lost or not to the Avs that night ... he's just downright an awful color analyst
Given your animus towards everything in this state I'll question your objectivity on the matter.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
No big names?

Stevedude530 said:

Game of the Week team

Team #2

Team #3

I'm sorry, but this reeks...... With the retirements of Hall of Famers like Bourque, Roy, Coffey, Messier, Neely, Richter, Francis, Stevens, etc. can't any of these greats be good on tv.

Ferarro was a good hockey player and a nice guy, but come on.... How many casual fans know who he is? If you only had to name 2 or 3 players per team when Ray was playing, would Ray have been on that list? In Hartford, you'd name Francis/Dineen/Verbeek/Burke, Samualsson before you got to Ferarro. On the Island, it be Lafontaine, Turgeon, etc. He was a 2nd line hockey player.

Compare that to the NFL pre and halftime crew of Hall of Famers like Bradshaw, Long, Young, Marino, Irving & Sharpe to be, well know coach in Jimmy Johnson. It's not even close......

It's ridiculous to see all these backup goalies on tv and the like of Keith Jones, Dave Reid, Nick Kypreos, etc. Not really household names for the US.

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
Chris Cuthbert is the best.For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of tuning into a Cuthbert called game you're in for a treat.He should have been kept on HNIC instead of Cole,CBC made a big mistake letting him go.

Voice of Reason

Jul 6, 2003
Connecticut
Visit site
Hasbro said:
Given your animus towards everything in this state I'll question your objectivity on the matter.
McNab used to do Devils games way back when and he's awful. Very hard to understand and doesn't really add any of the insight to the game you'd want from an ex-NHLer.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Voice of Reason said:
McNab used to do Devils games way back when and he's awful. Very hard to understand and doesn't really add any of the insight to the game you'd want from an ex-NHLer.
Just bland. I think everyone on the list doesn't work for Fox though, which when you take into account the majority of US teams being on Fox regional networks that shrinks their hiring pool. And god knows NBC isn't hiring a full time hockey staff!

Seriously though Seamus has a screw loose about this state, must have got his *** kicked here, angry that we took Woody Paige or the girl he's stalking is dating an Avs fan. ;)

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Street Hawk said:
I'm sorry, but this reeks...... With the retirements of Hall of Famers like Bourque, Roy, Coffey, Messier, Neely, Richter, Francis, Stevens, etc. can't any of these greats be good on tv.

Ferarro was a good hockey player and a nice guy, but come on.... How many casual fans know who he is? If you only had to name 2 or 3 players per team when Ray was playing, would Ray have been on that list? In Hartford, you'd name Francis/Dineen/Verbeek/Burke, Samualsson before you got to Ferarro. On the Island, it be Lafontaine, Turgeon, etc. He was a 2nd line hockey player.

Compare that to the NFL pre and halftime crew of Hall of Famers like Bradshaw, Long, Young, Marino, Irving & Sharpe to be, well know coach in Jimmy Johnson. It's not even close......

It's ridiculous to see all these backup goalies on tv and the like of Keith Jones, Dave Reid, Nick Kypreos, etc. Not really household names for the US.
Bourque did NHL2Nite a couple years ago and just didn't have the personality to carry a broadcast. Being a great player doesn't equal beinga great broadcaster, the Joe Montana rule.

hockeyplaya46290

Jul 4, 2005
Stevedude530 said:

Game of the Week team

Team #2

Team #3
So is team #2 for the Avalanche Flyers game?

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
No, I made a mistake. Team #2 is the Strader/Hayward/Micheletti and Team #3 is Cuthbert/McNab/Granato.

Here's how it'll work

Emrick/Davidson/McGuire will do DET vs. NYR

Strader/Hayward/Micheletti will do COL vs. PHI

Cuthbert/McNab/Granato will do DAL vs. BOS

fastfeet*

leaflover said:
Chris Cuthbert is the best.For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of tuning into a Cuthbert called game you're in for a treat.He should have been kept on HNIC instead of Cole,CBC made a big mistake letting him go.

I agree, now we have to put up with Jim Hughson :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad