NHL On FOX Clips

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
It was more cartoony than I remember. But its still great!

Bring back the NHL on FOX! (it wont happen) :shakehead

bmerri19

Dec 12, 2003
Colorado Springs
Visit site
More clips

Sorry for the delay - here are the other clips I have created (edited them into one continous clip);

Fox Clips
h ttp://rapidshare.de/files/25701504/Fox_Hockey_Clips.mp4.html

Owen Nolan Glow Puck Clips
h ttp://rapidshare.de/files/25702345/Owen_Nolan_clips.mp4.html

Files are about 50 megs each, MP4 format (use VLC player to view them).

Thanks,
Brian

parkdale lad

Jun 9, 2006
Did the robots actually have different "skits" they'd perform? (kinda like the Press Your Luck Whammies mentioned earlier) I love robots.

Does anyone remember seeing any Ducks games early in their franchise history?
I distinctly remember a Buffalo at Anaheim game showed locally on Fox here in Toronto. Remember, this is early on and at the height of Disney's involvment with the team. They were showing the Anaheim feed, and whenever the Ducks scored, they'd show a replay going into the commercial, where an animated Tinkerbell flew onto the screen and did the ol' magic wand "ting" thing over the head of the Ducks goal scorer. Stars flew everywhere and she'd fly away. Cut to commercial. I swear I'm not making this up!

If someone can find video of that...

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
How come the videos are audio files? The ones on rapidshare. EDIT - Nevermind.

Rapid share is crap. I cant download the other one cause im over the "free limit".

Last edited:

Dobermann

Jan 2, 2006
Loved those robots.

People may laugh now, but Fox's coverage back then was pretty damn good. We'd be lucky to have something of the same caliber now (and no, NBC definitely is NOT it).

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Take away the glowing puck (which I think is a good idea if they use it in a telestrator fashion and not live play) and the robots Fox was pretty good. It was by far the best coverage the league got and the most promotion it ever got.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
You should post the whole game. If I'm not mistaken, that was the first glowpuck game.

If, of course you have the time.

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
By the way, if anyone can find schedules for the NHL On FOX, I still need them. All I have is some messed up ones from a page on the history of FOX.

DaBadGuy7

Dec 28, 2004
Newark,NJ
bmerri19 you have the full opening of the NHL On FOX game with the robots and the theme and other things they did with it?

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
That was April 4, 1998. Kenny Albert and Terry Crisp on the call.

We gotta find more, we should petition FOX to release their library to us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->