nhl & olympics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djavan

May 7, 2003
Visit site
bettman & co. should've started the olympic break way earlier than they did...

you can't talk out two sides of your mouth and say it's an important showcase for the world to see the nhlers in the olympics and then cram everything in...

kinda shows how much clout the nhlpa really has when you compare it with the other leagues - say nba and baseball...

in my opinion very unfair to the players...

the players always take the hits from the public, but the league failed miserably here...

the last game before the break should've been on thursday feb. 9th as oppose to sunday feb. 12th...

don't get me wrong i'm not rooting for any particular country, i really enjoy the competition - i love international hockey!!!!

BUT, the nhl comes off as duplicitous...

all season they've crammed games in with the new schedule and they talk about what the olympics means to the league....

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The best idea I've heard is shortening the NHL season in Olympic years (which will never be agreed to) to maybe 74 or 76 games. This will allow for a less compressed schedule.

As I said it will never happen and in the end it really matters little to me because I hope the NHL stops allowing its players to participate. I can't stand this brand of Olympic hockey for so many reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->