NHL News/Notes XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

wraith985

Jan 8, 2006
It'll be interesting to see what happens. I hope he takes Spott with him though.

I would also, low key, be excited if Doug offered him the job here. Clown comments from last year aside, he got 110% buy in from his team that first year and got way more out of them than he had any right to, while still being known as a player's coach. I don't think it's a coincidence that all of the underperformers VGK snapped up suddenly started performing under Gallant. Even this year, his team's underlying metrics are astoundingly good and they've mostly just been let down by goaltending. He had a similarly good effect in Florida, before they canned him for no real reason. Playoffs or no, San Jose could really use that level of buy-in right now. Boughner can stay on as head assistant/Wookiee whisperer and we can have two wrongfully-canned Panthers head coaches on the same staff. It would also add a DELICIOUS irony to the rivalry.

Don't think it'll happen though. I think he goes to Detroit and reunites with Stevie Y.

Reactions: Sandisfan

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Wouldn't mind Gallant on the Sharks...

Pretty funny that Vegas fires the guy who built their system to replace him with a guy who tried and failed to copy that same system.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
If the Seattle franchise is really going to call themselves the "Kraken" I'd like to applaud them for managing to find a name worse than "Golden Knights", that's hard to do

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!

Guess his billion $ bribe didn't help this time.

#FormerSharkWeHateToAcknowledge

Eddie is an interesting dude. Saw him interviewed on TV, I think during the Dallas outdoor
game recently. He was ok during the interview, I keep thinking to myself, is he drunk, is he gonna say
or do something stupid, etc. Given his past i was somewhat surprised he was on TV during that segment, i was thinking of his past and how some players may not handle retirement well...

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Eddie is an interesting dude. Saw him interviewed on TV, I think during the Dallas outdoor
game recently. He was ok during the interview, I keep thinking to myself, is he drunk, is he gonna say
or do something stupid, etc. Given his past i was somewhat surprised he was on TV during that segment, i was thinking of his past and how some players may not handle retirement well...

He seems like the type where he has it together like 90% of the time, but when he goes off the rails he goes off hard.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
If the Seattle franchise is really going to call themselves the "Kraken" I'd like to applaud them for managing to find a name worse than "Golden Knights", that's hard to do

But VGK plans to name their AHL franchise "Silver Knights" when they relocate to LV. (Nevada is the Silver State)

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Coyotes could be in deep deep trouble. Did alleged illegal pretesting of chl llayers before the draft. Could face multiple 250k fines.

Oh jeez how did i miss that post from 8hrs ago lol

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Coyotes could be in deep deep trouble. Did alleged illegal pretesting of chl llayers before the draft. Could face multiple 250k fines.

Oh jeez how did i miss that post from 8hrs ago lol
im surprised this is actually against the rules

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
im surprised this is actually against the rules

The NHL has the testing combine (before the draft). I haven't looked into the allegations nor seen specifics on the timing of the (alleged) Arizona testing, nor if those players were or were not invited to the combine (and participated). Nor what the testing Arizona was doing was.

Not gonna worry about it for now.

31 Thoughts: Maple Leafs' fortunes will decide deadline approach - Sportsnet.ca
Friedman with some things from All Star including about Hertl....
Mayer wanted to credit his executive assistant, Francesca Ranieri, for coming up with the Justin Bieber mask. He wouldn’t comment on this, but I heard it was no coincidence Tomas Hertl ended up wearing it. Someone with a big, fun personality was necessary, and Hertl certainly qualifies.

Gonna miss his personality on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad