NHL News/Notes XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Kinda crazy that Babcock was one of the more respected coaches out there not too long ago but now he's just another asshole on a power trip. I do like all the stories lately about coaches coming out though, good and bad. Some people were worried that it wouuld mean kiddy gloves from here on out but there was a story today about Tortorella, who is basically the stereotypical hard ass coach, and how he's a fiery guy that's tough on his players but a lot of his former and current players testify that he never crossed the line with them and he never made it personal.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Kinda crazy that Babcock was one of the more respected coaches out there not too long ago but now he's just another ******* on a power trip. I do like all the stories lately about coaches coming out though, good and bad. Some people were worried that it wouuld mean kiddy gloves from here on out but there was a story today about Tortorella, who is basically the stereotypical hard ass coach, and how he's a fiery guy that's tough on his players but a lot of his former and current players testify that he never crossed the line with them and he never made it personal.

Torts doesn't hide the stuff he says either. He isn't the kind of guy to shy away from saying anything and everything to the media. If he has something to say he will also say it to the media.

Babcock there were always story's of him being a hardass coach. But infront of the cameras he always seems so calm and collected and very military like with his answers to questions.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sounds like not team performance related for something he did to a person / staff member.

Be interested to see what he did.

They're saying it didn't involve another Stars personnel. I feel like if it was gambling, the NHL would've been a lot more involved on this than they have been. Any sort of substance abuse issue likely wouldn't have gotten him immediately fired. Probably a leave of absence instead. I think it's an inappropriate relationship with someone that is related to the organization but not in it themselves. That would make it not a criminal issue but also not involving someone directly employed by the Stars either. Everyone is going to be interested in this until someone actually lets the cat out of the bag here. They know it's going to get out so I don't know why anyone is waiting to say what it is. I can understand the team not outright saying it but all those reporters should be given the info and letting it out.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
They're saying it didn't involve another Stars personnel. I feel like if it was gambling, the NHL would've been a lot more involved on this than they have been. Any sort of substance abuse issue likely wouldn't have gotten him immediately fired. Probably a leave of absence instead. I think it's an inappropriate relationship with someone that is related to the organization but not in it themselves. That would make it not a criminal issue but also not involving someone directly employed by the Stars either. Everyone is going to be interested in this until someone actually lets the cat out of the bag here. They know it's going to get out so I don't know why anyone is waiting to say what it is. I can understand the team not outright saying it but all those reporters should be given the info and letting it out.

Good analysis for sure, still speculation. Only a matter of time before it gets out.

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
HNIC - sounds like Arizona is the front runner for Hall.
Yesterday Colorado was the frontrunner, today it is Arizona...

Shero is just spreading fake rumors to try and bait the team that they are visiting that day to overbid...

Reactions: Sandisfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad