NHL News/Notes XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Can't wait to see who this Kevin Lebanc kid is. Wonder if he'll be as good as Kevin Labanc

TyCViNQ.jpg

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
What in the world kind of trade was that between the coyotes and hawks.

1 thing i hope they fix in the next cba is the trading of injured players cap hits.

That or remove the coyotes from the league since they are the only team that ever does those trades.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
What in the world kind of trade was that between the coyotes and hawks.

1 thing i hope they fix in the next cba is the trading of injured players cap hits.

That or remove the coyotes from the league since they are the only team that ever does those trades.
Read a funny post on the main boards saying that its possible that 3 of the best players to have ever been on the Coyotes roster never wore their uniform.

Pronger
Datsyuk
Hossa (potentially)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

What do you think is broken?

Current CBA allows team to retain player on their own roster LTIR and go over cap; or trade cap hit.

AIUI Hossa is retiring (so no $$, just cap hit as it's 35+ contract).

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
What do you think is broken?

Current CBA allows team to retain player on their own roster LTIR and go over cap; or trade cap hit.

AIUI Hossa is retiring (so no $$, just cap hit as it's 35+ contract).

The long contracts should not be allowed to be traded if they retire or go career ending ltir. Let the team suffer the consequences to making those deals.

Reactions: stator

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The long contracts should not be allowed to be traded if they retire or go career ending ltir. Let the team suffer the consequences to making those deals.

I disagree. This is a consequence of those deals. They had to get rid of a decent young player in Hinostroza and had to take back a terrible player in Kruger.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I disagree. This is a consequence of those deals. They had to get rid of a decent young player in Hinostroza and had to take back a terrible player in Kruger.

I would rather the hawks only have 4 mil to sign 4 or 5 players. Then to have nearly 10 mil to sign those same 4 or 5 players.

And they freed up 5.2 million in space for the next 3 seasons. Since krueger contract ends after this season.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I would rather the hawks only have 4 mil to sign 4 or 5 players. Then to have nearly 10 mil to sign those same 4 or 5 players.

And they freed up 5.2 million in space for the next 3 seasons. Since krueger contract ends after this season.

That's not really accurately showing the Hawks situation since they can just LTIR Hossa and have that room anyway.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
That's not really accurately showing the Hawks situation since they can just LTIR Hossa and have that room anyway.

After the season started. Still need to be cap compliant with an actual full team. There was no way for them to get better before the season started with hossa on the roster. Yes after they could. But that goes for any team.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
After the season started. Still need to be cap compliant with an actual full team. There was no way for them to get better before the season started with hossa on the roster. Yes after they could. But that goes for any team.

Incorrect. You can LTIR during the off-season. You can also do it on the last day of training camp as well. There were many options for them to get better before the season started with Hossa on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->