NHL News/Notes XIX

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
They still need to fix this goalie waiver thing. Some goalies are going to miss the entire year because they keep getting waived and picked up and then needing to do the quarantine/visa thing before joining the new team only to be waived and picked up again to do the entire process over again.

The nhl had more waiver pick ups in the first week of this season then some seasons had all year long. And the majority of them were goalies.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
They still need to fix this goalie waiver thing. Some goalies are going to miss the entire year because they keep getting waived and picked up and then needing to do the quarantine/visa thing before joining the new team only to be waived and picked up again to do the entire process over again.

The nhl had more waiver pick ups in the first week of this season then some seasons had all year long. And the majority of them were goalies.
I don’t think the goalies mind it. They get to stay in the NHL and avoid taking a huge pay cut.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I don’t think the goalies mind it. They get to stay in the NHL and avoid taking a huge pay cut.

Do they though? Every one that has been put on waivers and claimed has been put straight back onto waivers again. 1 goalie already has been claimed 3 times.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
Do they though? Every one that has been put on waivers and claimed has been put straight back onto waivers again. 1 goalie already has been claimed 3 times.
As soon as they clear waivers, they move from NHL to AHL pay. Grosenick, for example, takes a 50% pay cut. Any player that has made enough money to be set for life might be annoyed but I suspect most of these guys are happy to get paid at the NHL level as long as possible.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Most goalies are being waived to go on TS. (They still get the AHL rate there)

However, many of these guys are veteran enough they have one-way deals so get same pay regardless of if they are playing in NHL, on TS or in AHL.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
He lives in Canada.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Ducks-Golden Knights cancelled post game media availability.

Nosek apparently pulled from game. VGK cancelled Wednesday practice.

No news (yet) on Ducks @ VGK game Thursday nor VGK @ Sharks on Saturday.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Ducks @ VGK still on for Thursday (Nosek out).

Sounds like Saturday game should be OK. (Will only be VGK's third road game of the season)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->