NHL Network

Thibaj

Aug 5, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Habsruleen said:
All the live games on NHLN I've seen were between american teams so far. And here I thought it was to cater to the American public :biglaugh:

Well they have shown one pre-season Senators game this season...

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
I wonder if this will affect Center Ice next season. Would the new network carry a lot of live games like CI or just mainly old games and a few live ones mixed in? Don't get me wrong- ANY added tv coverage will be a blessing for hockey fans, but I just wonder if this will change CI at all- I just hope there is still a way to get as many live games for the WHOLE season as CI has- I will take it any way it is packaged! I hope the cable companies- (like Cox Cable) which I have will also carry this new network next season.

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
Dan Galvin said:
Hoping this will be on DirecTV :bow:

Me too. AWESOME news.

I'm also hoping the NHL does the right thing and attempts to rip off the NFL Network (which I love to no end) as much as possible. I want NHL Total Access, I want Scott Gomez laughing with John Buccigross on Devils cam, I want NHL Films (if there is such a thing, if not MAKE ONE) showing us clips of Larry Robinson looking intimidating in slow motion vintage footage. I probably won't get any of that, but I can dream...

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
puckhead103 said:
:shakehead all of you guys are fools and idiots....nhl network sucks....they severely edit the old games...so u don't get to see the actual full game.....

waste of money... :madfire:
Yes. We're all fools and idiots for wanting more hockey coverage available to us on a 24-hour hockey channel. :shakehead

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
TheMoose said:
Comcast is contractually obligated to carry within 24 months of their TV deal for OLN. As for Directv, stay tuned (although I'd be shocked if a deal wasn't already in place).
TheMoose, are you by any chance involved with the NHL Network?

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
TheMoose said:
You really think the League is going to run 2 seperate networks? Double the production / staffing costs? Not a chance. This will be the same network, with a few minor changes (like more live games in the US).

You really think the league runs the current NHL Network? It is as much TSN/Bell Globemedia as anyone else. While there would be some obvious avenues for joint programming, I'd much rather see the Canadian NHLN focussed on Canadian teams, and the American NHLN on American teams.

Just like OLN Canada and OLN USA. Just like ESPN Classic and ESPN Classic Canada.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Ya the NHL network is pretty sweet. I love watching the old series from the 80's/90's. Plus NHL on the FLY final(nightly highlights) is the best hockey recap show.

Kirk- NEHJ

Aug 22, 2002
CAV Country!
www.hockeyjournal.com
Wow...the NHL moving into the 21st century here in the U.S....excellent.

Seriously, though- given that fans currently do not have an NHL outlet beyond their regional cable package, this is sensational news. Especially if they can develop a show similar to "NFL Total Access" on the NFL Network.

This is a happy day for U.S. NHL/hockey fans- especially those who live in non-traditional markets, but crave hockey coverage of any sort.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Oh great. I can see it now: The NHL Presents: The Eklund report. A half hour show about the rumors in the NHL. Everytime its on the board crashes.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
^^^^^Good one :D

Another cool show the NHL Network has is "Top 10", where they show the top 10 rivalries in the 90's, or top 10 battles of Alberta, etc.
Last nite they showed the top 10 Canucks of all-time, it was great.
(Linden was #1, of course.)

Another :handclap:

Pavel

Mar 1, 2004
Houston
As a Directv customer with Center ice and the Sports package this is great news. If it is half the channel NFL network is I'll be happy.

TheMoose

Jun 23, 2005
Resolute said:
You really think the league runs the current NHL Network? It is as much TSN/Bell Globemedia as anyone else. While there would be some obvious avenues for joint programming, I'd much rather see the Canadian NHLN focussed on Canadian teams, and the American NHLN on American teams.

Just like OLN Canada and OLN USA. Just like ESPN Classic and ESPN Classic Canada.

Its my knowledge the league owns 60%, TSN 20%, and another group Insight Sports owns 20%. TSN obviously runs things, so their is a ton of cross over of reporting. Who knows if this will change with a US launch.

TheMoose

Jun 23, 2005
The Ozzman said:
No one has mentioned this but how about a nightly show similar to NHL2night that shows the evenings scores and highlights.

Each night NHL Network in Canada does on the Fly Final, usually and hour long showing highlights, interviews, news etc.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Does anybody have any information on the NHL Network making it into the States. I've heard some news about it possibly happening next year? Any news on the extent of what it's content will be. I'd really like to see the US play in tournaments like the world juniors and world championships. I saw some world junior games on the center ice package, but that's about it.

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
NHL Network in U.S.?

Does anyone have any info on when it's going to get underway and what providers will carry it?

Thanks in advance.

72projectmgr

May 3, 2006
76over39 said:
Does anyone have any info on when it's going to get underway and what providers will carry it?

Thanks in advance.

OLN in most US states and Comcast is carrying it in PA and the action starts Tomorrow. Enjoy

Satelite CBC or TSN (Canada)

TheMoose

Jun 23, 2005
I would suspect a launch days prior to season starting..... Comcast digital cable for sure... Only one I've seen any announcement on. They were contractually obligated to launch within 24 months of last years NHL deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad