NHL Network....

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Does anyone know if there's an HD alternative to Bell's channel 421(The NHL Network)? They offer detailed breakdowns, shy away from bias and are usually pretty entertaining in general but the low quality feed is just hard to watch.

Most non-HD channels are still pretty crisp, but the quality of these broadcast's are honestly just terrible.

I know they already offer NBAHD, NFLHD, SPDHD, TSNHD, SportsnetHD and even friggin' GOLF TV in HD, so where's hockey? :rant:

I feel like im stuck in 1995......

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
NHL GCL and NHL Network are separate entities from the NHL. Bettman has no control over their operations. They simply paid for the licensing.

ud

Jul 16, 2006
NHL network is CTV (TSN) pretty certain they don't have any HD broadcasts yet (only 480i), which is strange considering they do show a lot of highlights etc.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Does the NHL Network in the US have an HD version? I think they are different entities.

ud

Jul 16, 2006
NHL network in the states is owned by NBC and does broadcast in HD

NNYSens

Aug 28, 2014
Yeah it is HD here in the States. Maybe it is just the time of day I get to watch it but it seems to have quite a bit of Sportnet clowns on it that **** on the sens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad