NHL Network showing game 6 vs Calgary right now

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
This is the game I like to forget about, the Gelinas no-goal is always used to taint our cup win. Marty's OT goal is the greatest Lightning goal in franchise history though.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
The goal was in. :sarcasm: :D :lol:

gInG6bd.jpg

Pontius Palat

Lurker
Dec 7, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
The goal was in. :sarcasm: :D :lol:

I don't think it ever did go in. What's the consensus among Lightning fans of it? Even though one photo shows a bit of white between the goal line and the puck, the height of the puck doesn't mean it was necessarily over the line. Was there ever any directly overhead proof of it crossing?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't think it ever did go in. What's the consensus among Lightning fans of it? Even though one photo shows a bit of white between the goal line and the puck, the height of the puck doesn't mean it was necessarily over the line. Was there ever any directly overhead proof of it crossing?

No way was it a goal. Not enough visual evidence and not enough time to make a decision that it was a goal. They can taint it all they want. That picture above tells the story and the engravings on that cup are there.

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa

I saw that youtube video debunking the "myth" that it was a goal. It was actually a very well done video.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Geometry teachers throughout Alberta went into witness protection about 30 seconds after that call.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site

It's too hard to tell either way. I think if it had been ruled a goal it wouldn't have been overturned. Call on the ice was no goal and there's no angle proving it was 100% in, right call was made.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Even if it did go in, it's not like they would've won the Cup right then and there. They had the rest of that game to win it, and a game 7. The better team won.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad