Proposal: NHL Network --- Eichel & Dahlin FOR Hughes & Hischier

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
There is no common ground for a trade here, that's why it's such a bad proposal.
Eichel and Dahlin are stud #1C and #1D

I see both Hughes and Hischier as borderline 1C/great 2C in their prime.

No basis for a trade, sorry

I know there is no trade, my comments were joking about how many of this trade we see.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Eichel or Dahlin individually is worth both NJD players. To combine both Sabres players is ridiculous.
tenor.gif

Reactions: HBK27 and devils29

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
You've assumed wrong & that doesn't surprise me. I'm likely older than your biological parents. I was already in college by 1990, well before you were conceived. No need to respond.

Back on Topic: OP- NJ adds a lot, then adds some more.

The fact that you used the phrase “urban colloquialism” unironically shows that you were likely already in college by 1955.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I should have quoted your opinion only, not the birthday facts :naughty:
there is chance hughes becomes as good as eichel offensively. he has elite potential in skating, passing and vision. with the right linemates his offensive output could be huge. i can't envision him to develop the complete game eichel offers.
so we seem to disagree regarding hughes offensive ceiling. i probably disagree with more than 25 others on various topics. :pout:

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Keep staying in the basement, because that is your destiny with those two as your franchise players.
You say this as you’re talking about two players who are so much better than NJ that they have been below them in the standings all year... ironic

Reactions: HBK27

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Both fanbases seem to be unhappy with this trade, as a Devils' fan, I see no reason to that. Hischier and Hughes are both good defensively and exchanging them for Eichel would mean 5 year contention window when he's UFA, create a hole on 2C position and not solve a problem with lack of high quality wingers besides Bratt.

Value may be good for New Jersey but it doesn't make sense.

Reactions: awegrzyn

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
The only way Devils do it is if we get Matt Beniers at the draft and do this deal right afterwards. Id rather not have the Devils just turn into buffalo of the past couple years.

Only Devils fans think this. Eichel has more value than either of the other guys and is locked down at a reasonable $ 10M. Neither Hughes or Hischier are close to Eichel and will likely never be. Their development curve shows them way behind.

Eichel straight up for those two could happen. Dahlin as an extra. Seriously?

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
Only Devils fans think this. Eichel has more value than either of the other guys and is locked down at a reasonable $ 10M. Neither Hughes or Hischier are close to Eichel and will likely never be. Their development curve shows them way behind.

Eichel straight up for those two could happen. Dahlin as an extra. Seriously?
I wouldn't trade him for those two alone. I'd rather have the gold medal than two silver medals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad