Proposal: NHL Network --- Eichel & Dahlin FOR Hughes & Hischier

TheHelmet

Feb 10, 2021
Pat Laftonaines Trophy Room
This trade is so wild that I kind of like it.
I mean I hate it cause I think Buffalo gets the short end.

This website would crash if this happened.

Captain for captain included
three 1st overall picks
potentially disgruntled superstar

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Jesus no. The devils are coming along nicely With their rebuild. The players we have are starting to gel and look good. Not blowing it up for Eichel and Dahlin. Idgaf if people think this heavily favors the devils no way do we want this

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I mean literally the only real, logical take here is Buffalo gets hosed in value unless there is more to it. It’s not a slight at all against H&H to say that although I can feel the fiery eyes of Devils fans piercing each post with thoughts of “our guys are underrated”.

You can construct some theoretical take where you don’t want Eichel because you think he’ll just demand another trade or because you have an emotional attachment to H&H as a Devils fan but caveats and emotions and hipster takes aside, this is terrible for Buffalo.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
The Devils would do this so fast it wouldn't be funny
No, we wouldn’t. No point in blowing up a rebuild where players are progressing nicely for 2 players from the worst team in the league who are supposedly light years better than the players being offered. No offense but those two clearly haven’t pulled Sabres out of their decade long rebuild. Devils are just starting to come put of it. Why take the gamble to reset it

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I was born in 1992, i have no clue what you’re talking about so I’m assuming I’m older than you which puts you in an awkward spot now doesn’t it
You've assumed wrong & that doesn't surprise me. I'm likely older than your biological parents. I was already in college by 1990, well before you were conceived. No need to respond.

Back on Topic: OP- NJ adds a lot, then adds some more.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I’d say NJ adds Holtz and the option to swap 1st rd picks in one of the next 3 drafts to even it out.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Yeah sure man, Eichel > Hughes and Dahlin > Hischier NJ still adds big time.
Hischier is a better player than Dahlin at the moment although it is tough to judge as they play different positions, and obviously Hischier is older and has more development.

I think it’s quite clear that Eichel is a better player than Hischier.

Jury is still out on Hughes and Dahlin. Personally I think Hughes has a bigger upside than Dahlin, so it’s an intriguing trade that is kind of even if Hughes explodes offensively next season. He has already shown flashes of this potential prior to being out with COVID.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->