Proposal: NHL Network --- Eichel & Dahlin FOR Hughes & Hischier

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
"So NJ shouldnt trade for Buffalos players because while they're way better, we like our guys"... Wow such a solid argument!

It's not a "hot take" to say the truth. This whole "should have" arguments can be used with every single player. Fact is actual star players put up points regardless of who they play with. Look at what Eichel/Panarin/Kane/Tavares with NYI, etc have done with the garbage linemates they've played with over the years.

They sure as hell didnt struggle to even keep pace with 40pts...
You’re reading comprehension skills are sub par at best so let me attempt sum it up for you in the most basic terms I can think of to try and help you out. Hughes and Hischier like playing in NJ. Eichel is unhappy losing. Devils rebuild on the upswing, but are still losing. Trading two rising players on a rebuilding team for a better player who has made it clear he is tired of losing and could demand a trade to a better team soon is stupid. Devils risk losing Hughes Hischier and then Eichel as well when he demands out from a rebuilding team. Dahlin while good is not needed. Smith actually has more points and a better +/- than him currently. So while Dahlin would take over that number 1 spot it’s not such a massive upgrade that I’m willing to risk losing Hughes Hischier and Eichel for. Does that help at all or are you still just lost

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
You’re reading comprehension skills are sub par at best so let me attempt sum it up for you in the most basic terms I can think of to try and help you out. Hughes and Hischier like playing in NJ. Eichel is unhappy losing. Devils rebuild on the upswing, but are still losing. Trading two rising players on a rebuilding team for a better player who has made it clear he is tired of losing and could demand a trade to a better team soon is stupid. Devils risk losing Hughes Hischier and then Eichel as well when he demands out from a rebuilding team. Dahlin while good is not needed. Smith actually has more points and a better +/- than him currently. So while Dahlin would take over that number 1 spot it’s not such a massive upgrade that I’m willing to risk losing Hughes Hischier and Eichel for. Does that help at all or are you still just lost
It still makes absolutely no sense. Eichel would be tired of losing but Hughes and Hischier are more than happy losing? Hmmm...

Also your rebuild would take a massive boost by getting two vastly better hockey players than you're trading away.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
It still makes absolutely no sense. Eichel would be tired of losing but Hughes and Hischier are more than happy losing? Hmmm...

Also your rebuild would take a massive boost by getting two vastly better hockey players than you're trading away.
I see it didn’t help you at all. To be honest I didn’t expect it to. If you can’t understand why Eichel is unhappy in Buffalo but Hughes and Hischier are fine with their current situation in NJ then there’s no point in continuing this any further.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
It’s not our fault people like you don’t understand that trading for Eichel means we suddenly have to scramble to make a good team in 5 years instead of being patient and building through the draft.

I don’t think many people are arguing that the value is way off at this point and the Devils would need to add. The argument is that the trade doesn’t make any sense for NJ.

Eichel and Dahlin haven’t found any success in Buffalo, why would anyone think they’d suddenly make the Devils better? We’d just be stuck with a 5 year window and start the rebuild over again.

That's like saying, "McDavid and Draisaitl really haven't had any success in Edmonton, so they wouldn't make your team better, so why trade for them?"

You Devils fans, really are clueless here, your getting an elite #1 C and a guy with all the potential in the world to be a #1 Dman, that is literally the formula for building a contender, how in the f*** would that not make you better?

Reactions: I know and 2 others

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
That's like saying, "McDavid and Draisaitl really haven't had any success in Edmonton, so they wouldn't make your team better, so why trade for them?"

You Devils fans, really are clueless here, your getting an elite #1 C and a guy with all the potential in the world to be a #1 Dman, that is literally the formula for building a contender, how in the f*** would that not make you better?
Because Hischier and Hughes are just fine playing on losing rebuilding teams but Eichel would demand a trade (despite helping NJ not be a bottom team anymore).... Apparently??

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I see it didn’t help you at all. To be honest I didn’t expect it to. If you can’t understand why Eichel is unhappy in Buffalo but Hughes and Hischier are fine with their current situation in NJ then there’s no point in continuing this any further.
Please explain why Hughes and Hischier are fine losing but Eichel would immediately demand a trade?

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Please explain why Hughes and Hischier are fine losing but Eichel would immediately demand a trade?
Because they have been brought into a rebuilding team... they new when they were drafted at 1st overall you don’t immediately go to a contender... they know it’s a rebuild, they’ve seen progress in the rebuild, and know the team is heading in the right direction. Eichel was drafted in 2015 and has seen no progression from the team he was drafted on. The fact I have to explain that to you is WILD

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Lots of people who don't understand the point of a number of NJ fans. It's not about player evaluation. Of course Eichel is the best player in the trade. Maybe Hughes eventually scores at a similar rate but he isn't now so it is what it is. So, yes, Buffalo offers more value in the trade on their end. That's not the argument. The issue that Buffalo has been really bad for a longer period of time with Eichel isn't the argument either. It's related to the real argument which is that Eichel would only be traded because he's sick of losing. He'd go to a NJ team that is in the middle of rebuilding itself. Maybe they are starting to round into form a bit by having some bottom six players start to establish themselves, but their top six is very much a work in progress. Sure, Eichel makes it better but beyond him they'd have no depth and really, right now he'd be playing with Jesper Bratt and Pavel Zacha as his wings. That's ok but NJ would no second line and its third line center is Mikhail Maltsev or maybe Mike McLeod. Those guys need more time. They might win bottom six matchups some nights but aren't consistent yet. I think it's silly that a bunch of fans of teams other than NJ who routinely show up to mock the team and insult it for being bad are all of a sudden knowledgeable about how this trade would impact the team in the real world. They'd still stink. Eichel alone wouldn't make it significantly better than Hischier and Hughes. Dahlin isn't going to move the needle right now given his inconsistency. So how long does Eichel stay in NJ before he demands a trade? One year? Two years? He will want out right away if the team isn't winning the minute he gets there. After the Taylor Hall experience where NJ tried to improve quickly it totally backfired why repeat it? This trade just sets up NJ to fail again rather than just stick with a sustainable rebuild which they seem to be invested in.

TLDR: NJ isn't that much better with Eichel and he wants out quickly when they keep losing. In return, Buffalo loses the talent value in the trade. This trade is that rare lose-lose for each team. Stop saying NJ fans don't get how good Eichel is. They do.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Because they have been brought into a rebuilding team... they new when they were drafted at 1st overall you don’t immediately go to a contender... they know it’s a rebuild, they’ve seen progress in the rebuild, and know the team is heading in the right direction. Eichel was drafted in 2015 and has seen no progression from the team he was drafted on. The fact I have to explain that to you is WILD
They've seen progression? Hischier teams have got progressively worse since he was drafted...

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL

Contract length has everything to do with it. What does NJ have that makes you think they’d be in a better position than Buffalo in 5 years with Eichel and Dahlin?

In 4-5 years we’d be in a position where we’re losing Eichel and now our center depth is completely depleted.

I’ll say it again, value wise this isn’t an even trade at all and Buffalo would never do it as is. I’m saying the trade would set us back in the long run. Just prolong the rebuild if we can’t do anything within 4 years.

Shero tried to rush the rebuild by getting Subban and Goose and the end result was that it just set us back even if it’s just slightly.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
You could make an argument that Nico and Hughes would go 10th in a GREAT draft though I still would say you are wrong but hey its a hypothetical great draft.

However you bit off more then you can chew with stating they would go between 10-20 which is definitely insane. Lets go with the 2016 draft which people say was decent stack those drafted against Nico
1st, Mathews
2nd McAvoy
ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

nobody after that I would 100% say is a better pick the nico

lets do the the generational 2015 draft now

1st Mcdavid
2nd Eichel
--------
3rd Barzal
4rd Marner
5th Aho
6th Chabot
7th hischier
8th Rantanen

I see 5th, 6th, and 7th as interchangeable based on team needs and positional value.

If you still feel like defending your opinion after this post then please do a redraft on show me who you would pick over nico.

The 2016 draft was always said to be top heavy, as in the top 3 picks were stellar and then a huge drop off after, for the record I take, Mathews, Laine, McAvoy, PLD, Tkachuk, and Sergachev over Hischier, so really not the best example bud.

There is not a person on HF besides you that takes Hischier over Rantaanen, you also forgot Meier and Boeser, so look at that, Hischier does fall to 10, just like the poster you were questioning said. Hmmmmm

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
You should probably learn how to use “your” and “you’re” correctly before using them in a sentence criticizing someone’s reading skills.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Contract length has everything to do with it. What does NJ have that makes you think they’d be in a better position than Buffalo in 5 years with Eichel and Dahlin?

In 4-5 years we’d be in a position where we’re losing Eichel and now our center depth is completely depleted.

I’ll say it again, value wise this isn’t an even trade at all and Buffalo would never do it as is. I’m saying the trade would set us back in the long run. Just prolong the rebuild if we can’t do anything within 4 years.

Shero tried to rush the rebuild by getting Subban and Goose and the end result was that it just set us back even if it’s just slightly.

Gusev was way to big of a wildcard when you got him and Subban was damaged goods, of course the end result went that way, hence why so many on here were calling out both those acquisitions as terrible. Dahlin and Eichel are completely different animals, they are both young enough that they would instantly make the devils better and you could absolutely build around that.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
They've seen progression? Hischier teams have got progressively worse since he was drafted...
Jesus dude just stop replying to me. Idk how many times I can own you and make you look foolish. Look up teams by age. Devils were 3rd youngest BEFORE trading Zajac and Palmeiri. They have a top 5 goalie in the league, a 1/2 combo down the middle who are under 22, a possible #1 D man emerging, a top 10 prospect pool in the league, and another 2 more 1st round picks this year. So yes, pretty obvious to anyone with anyone with even a minute amount of hockey knowledge they are on the upswing

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Trading your 2 #1 picks is a bad look for NJ, and also Buffalo #1/#2

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The 2016 draft was always said to be top heavy, as in the top 3 picks were stellar and then a huge drop off after, for the record I take, Mathews, Laine, McAvoy, PLD, Tkachuk, and Sergachev over Hischier, so really not the best example bud.

There is not a person on HF besides you that takes Hischier over Rantaanen, you also forgot Meier and Boeser, so look at that, Hischier does fall to 10, just like the poster you were questioning said. Hmmmmm

I suggest going to this school, it might help you.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Eichel has been in the league longer and is older. I don't doubt if NJ is losing for the next three years Hughes and Hischier will also be sick of it. The difference is that NJ has a bit of a longer leash to lose before their best players want out. Buffalo may be getting close to that window and once it's reached putting Eichel into another rebuilding situation won't help NJ. Again, this isn't complicated. Your nonsense is just trolling to over emphasize your point that Eichel is much better than either Hughes or Hischier. NJ fans get it. They make a valid counterpoint that does not diminish anything about Eichel's skills but you seem willfully obtuse. Nobody should be saying that Eichel isn't great. He is. Maybe this trade makes sense in two years if NJ can climb to a bottom of the playoffs team. At that point asking NJ to add might or might not make sense deepening upon how these players look in two years.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
You should probably learn how to use “your” and “you’re” correctly before using them in a sentence criticizing someone’s reading skills.
What a magnificent contribution to the current conversation. When you have nothing to add and are going to go with an over used “gotcha” from 2010 it may be best to just sit this one out

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

And if you're that bad, in 6 years you'll be losing Hughes/Hischier too. That one extra year means turning down the vastly better players? Nonsense

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
You do know their is a difference between being able to spell and being able to read?:skeptic:

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Jesus dude just stop replying to me. Idk how many times I can own you and make you look foolish. Look up teams by age. Devils were 3rd youngest BEFORE trading Zajac and Palmeiri. They have a top 5 goalie in the league, a 1/2 combo down the middle who are under 22, a possible #1 D man emerging, a top 10 prospect pool in the league, and another 2 more 1st round picks this year. So yes, pretty obvious to anyone with anyone with even a minute amount of hockey knowledge they are on the upswing
You know having a young team is meaningless when most of those young guys arent very good, right? A 1/2 punch of a 50pt and 30pt C isnt much to brag about :laugh:

Also you should really work on your spelling before you criticize "reading comprehension".

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
You know having a young team is meaningless when most of those young guys arent very good, right? A 1/2 punch of a 50pt and 30pt C isnt much to brag about :laugh:

Also you should really work on your spelling before you criticize "reading comprehension".
I’m typing on my phone so idgaf about spelling. And the fact that you don’t know the difference between spelling and reading comprehension really just hammers my point home. You seriously have just embarrassed yourself over and over but you don’t stop. It’s pathetic.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Gusev was way to big of a wildcard when you got him and Subban was damaged goods, of course the end result went that way, hence why so many on here were calling out both those acquisitions as terrible. Dahlin and Eichel are completely different animals, they are both young enough that they would instantly make the devils better and you could absolutely build around that.

This issue is still the timeline. Can we build around them within 4-5 years? And why can’t Buffalo just do the same thing considering they’re both at around the same stage of the rebuild.

It’s a gamble for NJ because as I said if we can’t successfully build around them then Eichel leaves and our center depth is gone. Start rebuilding from scratch again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->