OT: NHL Network and Dish Network question

ElKingsFan92

Mar 10, 2011
Hollywood/Lakewood
To make a long story short, I go to school in Long Beach and I go back to my parent's house on the weekends. For about a year we had NHL network (to my surprise really as we had never had the channel before the beginning of last year) and still had it as recently as last Saturday, February 2nd. When I came back yesterday, I noticed it was gone. Would anybody here know why that might have happened? Had Dish given my parents a free ride of the channel for this long before figuring it out and then finally getting rid of it?

If anybody can provide any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

RonSwanson*

Give me your address so I can look it up on my supercomputer and pinpoint your answer.

RonSwanson*

In all seriousness, why would you expect any of us to know the answer?

ElKingsFan92

Mar 10, 2011
Hollywood/Lakewood
In all seriousness, why would you expect any of us to know the answer?

I don't know, maybe somebody knows more about how this crap works than the normal person. Maybe they had something similar happen to them. Just trying to see if anybody would have the answer as I just don't get why they would just get rid of the channel like this without warning. If nobody can give me even the slightest clue as to why this might have happened then I'll go back to quietly being disappointed that I can't watch a random game on a Friday night when the Kings aren't playing.

Greater Malison

He Knows. You Don't.
Feb 19, 2004
Inland Empire, CA
To answer your question, the lowest tier to include NHL Network on Dish is "America's top 200." It is possible that what you saw the last time you were at your parents house was a free preview of NHLN which may have run out. Unfortunately DISH does not allow you to add 1 channel at a time according to their website.

ElKingsFan92

Mar 10, 2011
Hollywood/Lakewood
To answer your question, the lowest tier to include NHL Network on Dish is "America's top 200." It is possible that what you saw the last time you were at your parents house was a free preview of NHLN which may have run out. Unfortunately DISH does not allow you to add 1 channel at a time according to their website.

I would understand if it were a free preview as I got Center Ice for all of January but how do you get a free preview of a channel for an entire year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad