News Article: NHL must step in to stop shady Senators owner Eugene Melnyk

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
If and when new ownership comes in I assume they will do the obviously right thing in bringing Alfie back into his rightful place as the face of leadership and earned respect for the Senators. Put together some nice little media briefing talking about reviewing anything and everything, highlight the branding, fan experience, team trajectory and looking for the best way to usher this franchise back to something its fans can be proud of again...maybe make a joke about no more money in money out bs and call it a day. I know the die hards will be back the day after the announcement but more should follow once the needed changes are made and highlighted to the masses.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
That started last year,
DateOpponentAtt.
2018-12-06Montreal Canadiens15820
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
tenor.gif

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Rand0m

Oct 2, 2011
I’d be 100% on board with this rebuild with proper management and direction. Honestly, once sold, if Dorion somehow stays but is then properly surrounded by a competent NHL front office then I’d be on board. It’s just that as long as Melnyk is owner, there’s just no hope for this team.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
The solution is simple:

1. Melnyk sells
2. New owner hires competent executives from top to bottom.
3. New owner does not get involved in hockey operations.
4. They get rid of the current Melnyk era jerseys/logo and go back to the original from the '90s.
5. The fans flock back and we all enjoy Senators hockey again.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The solution is simple:

1. Melnyk sells
4. They get rid of the current Melnyk era jerseys/logo and go back to the original from the '90s.

#2 big time....and spend money well. We don't have to be the Leafs or Habs, but we do need to run a classy organization. Proper (and competent) staffing, good advertising, high quality and competence throughout the organization.

I'm a cheapskate, but I'd definitely pay $75-$100 for nosebleeds IF the organization is something we can be proud of. ***And by that, I don't necessarily mean winning games. Being proud of an organization that is run well, makes good decisions and hires the best people (reasonably) possible.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Havent watched more than period of Sens hockey so far. Dont even know when game are anymore. I use to force time in my schedule to get games in. Thanks melnyk u really helped with ripping the bandage off

The game vs St Louis went a long way to keeping it watchable. But the habit isn’t there, lots of reason why, but mostly it’s because you just don’t feel the team anymore. I want them to do well, but there was a time where when my emotional investment in the team was and their quest for the Cup so strong I’d plan my days and nights around Sens hockey - now I’m meh.

And it’s not just watching the game habits, it’s going to games, buying Sens gear, radio, TV, conversationally it’s just not a sustainable topic anymore. People don’t have time for losers, to much life to love to care about a team that can’t pay its own players or managers. I want the rebuild to go well, I’m not expecting it to go well, and I used to expect the Sens to always do well.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Havent watched more than period of Sens hockey so far. Dont even know when game are anymore. I use to force time in my schedule to get games in. Thanks melnyk u really helped with ripping the bandage off
Last season I didn't watch more than25 minutes in Total. This season I watched maybe 3 minutes just because. I used to like listening to the pre and post game shows a and would always have The Drive on. Now i don't pay all that much attention to them. This is probably why the listenership has gone down with the station and not the job the hosts are doing. I don't care about listening to hosts make up new angles to talk about this basement of a franchise. The station is just not part of my routine anymore and I attribute that to mostly the Sens.

Reactions: Rand0m

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Last season I didn't watch more than25 minutes in Total. This season I watched maybe 3 minutes just because. I used to like listening to the pre and post game shows a and would always have The Drive on. Now i don't pay all that much attention to them. This is probably why the listenership has gone down with the station and not the job the hosts are doing. I don't care about listening to hosts make up new angles to talk about this basement of a franchise. The station is just not part of my routine anymore and I attribute that to mostly the Sens.

So you have 28 minutes invested in watching the team between this season and last and you dont listen to talk radio discussing the team. How much time you think you have invested in here complaining about them?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
So you have 28 minutes invested in watching the team between this season and last and you dont listen to talk radio discussing the team. How much time you think you have invested in here complaining about them?
Ah yes, the proverbial you are not a true fan spiel.

Have you not found out yet that it's the hosts job to make every prospect sound good and always find the good no matter how much we know the situation sucks?

Just went through 10 years of mismanagement. Rip the band aid off dude.

Last edited:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
A yes, the proverbial you are not a true fan spiel.
I said nothing about being a true fan

Your own admission is you neither watch the games nor listen to talk radio about the team so it seems your entire involvement is your time spent here complaining about the team.

That is profoundly odd.

And it is what potential new ownership will somehow need to reverse.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
While it sucks to see the players not get great support from the fans... This is absolutely needed to try and force a sale hopefully it continues until that happens rather it be the rest of this year or multiple years fans need to try and stay away as much as possible IMO.

Even if you get free tickets don't go because you'll still be giving your hard earned money to our scum owner purchasing food and drinks etc ..

Just don't buy any?

In Arrested Development narrator voice.

This didn't get nearly the attention it deserved. :clap:

Reactions: Tighthead

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I said nothing about being a true fan

Your own admission is you neither watch the games nor listen to talk radio about the team so it seems your entire involvement is your time spent here complaining about the team.

That is profoundly odd.

And it is what potential new ownership will somehow need to reverse.
You make it sound like I'm oblivious to the team. I am not invested as much anymore, that is it. You state that I complain about the team, where? I don't post in game threads, trade threads, prospect threads. I read an article about how Bobby Ryan is doing great with the new coaching staff then read on here how brutal he is, STILL. Luckily I don't need your validation to post here.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
The solution is simple:

1. Melnyk sells
6. New arena downtown

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
6. New arena downtown

That is also a good one, not sure how I forgot it. In fact, I would go as far to say a new arena is imperative to the short term rehabilitation of the organization. The allure of a new and fresh arena (especially downtown) will definitely draw in the casual fan and fill seats temporarily while the true hardcore fans who were turned off by Melnyk, assess the new direction and decide if they want to return.

There is hope, and it all starts with that first step.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
That is also a good one, not sure how I forgot it. In fact, I would go as far to say a new arena is imperative to the short term rehabilitation of the organization. The allure of a new and fresh arena (especially downtown) will definitely draw in the casual fan and fill seats temporarily while the true hardcore fans who were turned off by Melnyk, assess the new direction and decide if they want to return.

There is hope, and it all starts with that first step.
Definitely agree that the other points are moot without new ownership

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You make it sound like I'm oblivious to the team. I am not invested as much anymore, that is it. You state that I complain about the team, where? I don't post in game threads, trade threads, prospect threads. I read an article about how Bobby Ryan is doing great with the new coaching staff then read on here how brutal he is, STILL. Luckily I don't need your validation to post here.

This place certainly has its whipping boys...and Ryan is at the top of the list with Ceci gone

Idk man...I can get anyone deciding they aren't going to spend anymore money on the Sens under Melnyk's watch but I'm not sure I understand not watching, not listening but being in here.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This place certainly has its whipping boys...and Ryan is at the top of the list with Ceci gone

Idk man...I can get anyone deciding they aren't going to spend anymore money on the Sens under Melnyk's watch but I'm not sure I understand not watching, not listening but being in here.
That's a problem you have to come to grips with, not me. :)

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018

POHO hunt called off. I don't think there's been anything about the AGM, CMO, COO?

This was obvious months ago. We were never going to hire a POHO because 1) Nobody wants to work for Melnyk and 2) Even if they did, Melnyk wouldn't hire them because it cuts into his barebones budget plan.

How much more abuse, how much more of a joke can this franchise become before the NHL BoG steps in and does something?

Reactions: Acidrain66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->