News Article: NHL must step in to stop shady Senators owner Eugene Melnyk

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
https://nypost.com/2019/10/04/nhl-must-step-in-to-stop-shady-senators-owner-eugene-melnyk/

It’s becoming an embarrassment, for the NHL and for this noble capital.

The Senators are a laughingstock, a franchise that is rotting from the head down. Owner Eugene Melnyk has buried himself in debt and lawsuits, his frugality unheard of in modern professional sports. But more importantly, the business failings have led to an on-ice product not worthy of the league shield.

Enough is enough.
It’s time for the NHL Board of Governors to step in and make Melnyk sell.

Great read.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
It's nothing we don't already know, but I'll admit, it's kind of cool to see this getting attention in from a big time news source in another city/country. Kinda makes the (general) quietness from our local MSM a bit more concerning though.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
It's nothing we don't already know, but I'll admit, it's kind of cool to see this getting attention in from a big time news source in another city/country. Kinda makes the (general) quietness from our local MSM a bit more concerning though.
They share part of the blame for this lasting so long.

They had the opportunity to up the pressure and help force public outcry for change and did nothing.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
News like this in New York is big, because it can’t be ignored. It’s not a local issue anymore of a disgruntled fanbase, it’s now the opinion of the hockey elite with this headline running in New York. Melnyck, management, and the Ottawa media can’t pretend it’s just some backwater fans who don’t want to pay for parking.

We were 10 years ahead of this. Welcome New York to what we knew already - it’s not even an issue of money, it’s an issue of integrity and values. Melnyck has more money then he does decency. Money can’t buy you respect, we decide that.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The more attention the better. It's been a shame to see the media go back to towing the line again.

My opinion remains the same. There is flat out no hope with him as the owner.

I hope this crooked asshole gets an embarrassing exit one day and Ottawa Senators fans can proudly cheer their team on again.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
The more attention the better. It's been a shame to see the media go back to towing the line again.

My opinion remains the same. There is flat out no hope with him as the owner.

I hope this crooked ******* gets an embarrassing exit one day and Ottawa Senators fans can proudly cheer their team on again.
Great to see it get international attention.

With the NHL headquarters in NYC one can only hope that this reporter was asked to get this message out into the public domain by someone on the inside.

Reactions: garce

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

With the NHL headquarters in NYC one can only hope that this reporter was asked to get this message out into the public domain by someone on the inside.

I was thinking that, build the momentum early in the season to get him to sell by May.

The NCC wants to develop the land and the NHL can make one of their partners mega rich with the Lebreton development deal, just to much money to be made for them to ignore it now.

Melnyck got a liver out of it so he could spend his extra days gambling and ripping people off, he’s done

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
About time, maybe the rest of the league can start taking us seriously now and realize how badly our teams are suffering year in and out because of his inability to spend and maintain the teams we've built.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

Agreed. The more news it generates the better.

I know recourse is limited, but at least they can drag his name through the mud occasionally.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
News like this in New York is big, because it can’t be ignored. It’s not a local issue anymore of a disgruntled fanbase, it’s now the opinion of the hockey elite with this headline running in New York. Melnyck, management, and the Ottawa media can’t pretend it’s just some backwater fans who don’t want to pay for parking.

We were 10 years ahead of this. Welcome New York to what we knew already - it’s not even an issue of money, it’s an issue of integrity and values. Melnyck has more money then he does decency. Money can’t buy you respect, we decide that.

It's Melnyk* lol

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Maybe we should have a Melnyk Out campaign to raise awareness of the situation. I am sure the league is aware of who Eugene Melnyk is. Do they want to be embroiled in law suits and counter suits with Melnyk. What would Melnyk have to do for the league to push him out?

Reactions: Matsens15

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Maybe we should have a Melnyk Out campaign to raise awareness of the situation. I am sure the league is aware of who Eugene Melnyk is. Do they want to be embroiled in law suits and counter suits with Melnyk. What would Melnyk have to do for the league to push him out?
Get a Sens associate to wear a wire in a private conversation with Melnyk.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
With any luck you'll have the honour of being buried alive in his sarcophagus.

giphy.gif

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

In fairness the New York Post can absolutely be ignored. The entire city of New York does it every day.

Reactions: OD99 and Caeldan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->