NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE NINE! Part ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
This is just about the easiest category to fill that we have ever had, and you want me to believe that you are going to fill it with a character from f***ing "Space Jam"? No. He already selected Bill Murray. Bill Murray played himself in f***ing "Space Jam."

Stop arguing semantics with me and make a real pick.
I mean we opened the door when we allowed the dude from Groundhog Day to be one...

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I mean we opened the door when we allowed the dude from Groundhog Day to be one...

I'd agree with Cap on this. We're not talking someone selecting a caricature of someone who was picked already, such as Burt Reynolds as played by [RANCH] on [RANCH]. This is a character in a movie played by the actor and supposed to essentially be a representation of himself despite the fictional setting. If there's really no significant difference between the names going in the spreadsheet, I'd agree that they're too close and violate the no duplicates rule.

BUT I don't make the rules here. So I don't really get a vote.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Sigh. I had anticipated this and still feel strongly that we're well within our rights to select Space Jam's Bill Murray as our Team Notable fan, but we don't want to bring havoc and discord to the Quackverse, so we'll re-pick.

The NJFZ need a Badass Motherf***er to make sure there are no motherf***ing snakes on our motherf***ing airship. For that reason, our Official Team Notable Fan will be none other than Samuel L. Jackson.

CanineRealAndeancockoftherock-size_restricted.gif

Now, really over to you @Chuck Downie

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Is it bad that I just assumed this was Lord Defect trying to do this?

This played out pretty much exactly as I expected, but I still needed to give it a shot.

Also, had you considered that this would have opened up the same deal with your # 1 defenseman, who has also portrayed a fictional version of himself in a film?

Reactions: Striiker

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
This played out pretty much exactly as I expected, but I still needed to give it a shot.

Also, had you considered that this would have opened up the same deal with your # 1 defenseman, who has also portrayed a fictional version of himself in a film?
Dwayne wasn’t selected for another thing thus violating the “No Duplicates” rule. It was also in the first phase where “nothing matters.”

Just to be clear, still, none of this matters.

Reactions: Striiker and mja

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Dwayne wasn’t selected for another thing thus violating the “No Duplicates” rule. It was also in the first phase where “nothing matters.”

Just to be clear, still, none of this matters.

I meant, for example, that @Striiker could have selected a fictional Dwayne Johnson as his notable fan, as he's also played himself in a film.

Reactions: Striiker

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
The Sexpos are planning to reunite an absolutely electric duo of human beings with our next two selections of Team Notable Fan and Team Cheerleader. I've always liked to laugh, and these men were responsible for some of the loudest laughs of my early Slider Sandwich days. To think what could have been if both were still alive today...

Luckily, Rick Sanchez is a Sexpo and is currently working on a device that can bring people back from the dead. Don't ask me how it works because I don't know. Rick is pretty secretive with his universe-altering inventions, so he hasn't told me anything specific other than "take off your pants and your panties; shit on the floor. It's time to get schwifty in here", whatever the f*** that means. But enough with the semantics.

01231a3bc99797a246062a60b9f11132.gif

Team Notable Fan - Adam Sandler

Team Cheerleader - Chris Farley

7ZALUG1rJQdFtf4F4g1XBJx3iMO_kX5qkpBlvN-0hP4iwghk4Aezco4=s0-d

Do another one, @Strawberry Fields

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The dude from Groundhog Day was at least a completely fictional character named Phil Connors and had nothing to do with real life Bill Murray.

Bill Murray played Bill Murray in Space Jam, even if it was a fictionalized version.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
The Sexpos are planning to reunite an absolutely electric duo of human beings with our next two selections of Team Notable Fan and Team Cheerleader. I've always liked to laugh, and these men were responsible for some of the loudest laughs of my early Slider Sandwich days. To think what could have been if both were still alive today...

Luckily, Rick Sanchez is a Sexpo and is currently working on a device that can bring people back from the dead. Don't ask me how it works because I don't know. Rick is pretty secretive with his universe-altering inventions, so he hasn't told me anything specific other than "take off your pants and your panties; shit on the floor. It's time to get schwifty in here", whatever the f*** that means. But enough with the semantics.

Well done.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Very nice.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
The NJFZ Official Outdoor Game location is the Bermuda Triangle, or it's namesake island if you must.

124640.jpg

Noted for being something of a magnet for disasters, we'll use our supply of Ice-9 to create a perfect sheet of ice despite the balmy tropical weather and hope to partner with a cruise line to construct a floating arena, with a lido deck and everything.

@Magua, you are up good sir

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The NJFZ Official Outdoor Game location is the Bermuda Triangle, or it's namesake island if you must.

124640.jpg

Noted for being something of a magnet for disasters, we'll use our supply of Ice-9 to create a perfect sheet of ice despite the balmy tropical weather and hope to partner with a cruise line to construct a floating arena, with a lido deck and everything.

@Magua, you are up good sir
Just be careful. They might get sun there and that causes havoc on ice.

We can't know for sure until the rink is built though and the game starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad