NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE NINE! Part ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I'm still completely swamped, sorry. We don't need marketing. We need some muscle.

Team Fan: Kitana and her fans from Mortal Kombat

6fe1b6e4fcb4905f5a9a3d7f4ee4113a.jpg

Let me tell you how hard it is to find a SFW picture of that. People are very weird.

@GKJ Go time.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Have you been able to start a new EHM game, or are you getting "Fatal" errors?

I'm getting the errors I think because I'm messing with the databse, but I can start games with a low number of leagues selected, at least I think it's low. I've had crashes a bunch of times at that point. Right now I'm trying to just mess around editing leagues, hopefully condensing some of them among other things I'd like to do, before a post-Seattle database is ready, where I'll make new edits hopefully and fire it up.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'm getting the errors I think because I'm messing with the databse, but I can start games with a low number of leagues selected, at least I think it's low. I've had crashes a bunch of times at that point. Right now I'm trying to just mess around editing leagues, hopefully condensing some of them among other things I'd like to do, before a post-Seattle database is ready, where I'll make new edits hopefully and fire it up.

How to opt-in to the beta:

• Open Steam;
  • Go to ‘Eastside Hockey Manager’ within your Steam Library;
  • Right-Click on the game and select ‘Properties’;
  • Select the ‘Beta’;
  • Via the ‘Select the beta you would like to opt into’ dropdown, select ‘public beta’;
  • This will now begin the download process for the Public Beta update;
  • Close the Properties panel by clicking the ‘X’ in the top-right hand corner and launch the game when the download has completed.

Source

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

• Open Steam;
  • Select the ‘Beta’;
  • Via the ‘Select the beta you would like to opt into’ dropdown, select ‘public beta’;
  • Close the Properties panel by clicking the ‘X’ in the top-right hand corner and launch the game when the download has completed.

Source
200.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

• Open Steam;
  • Select the ‘Beta’;

Source
I'm in it, I have 1.5. But I know there might be some issues with running 1.4 db's which is what I'm currently doing.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)

• Open Steam;
  • Select the ‘Beta’;

Source

Thanks, Cap'n. I didn't know (which I chalk up to poor reading skills) EHM was available through Steam. It is now on my wishlist.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I dont know I got 2 different messages to pick so I assumed I was up. Im f***ing tired.

You are way out of order :laugh:

I’m confused. Aren’t there like 7+ people who still needed to pick before you? Am I actually up? And do you think I’m good defensively?

There are. Don't do anything. There are plenty of people whose example you could follow in that regard.

Reactions: BiggE and Magua

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Thanks, DP. I can give you grass-care encouragement from a distance due to my increasing embrace of this tenet of advancing age:

iu

Now for the business at hand. Times 2.

"The Tampa Bay FireSticks are extremely pleased to select, as our franchise weatherman, one of the first African American meteorologists and a leader and example on the highest level of sports competition. Archie Williams was born in 1915, in Oakland. He was brought up in the modest living of a single-parent household in the Depression and endured the all-too-typical racial discrimination of the time. He was an indifferent student through high school, but a friend encouraged Mr. Williams to apply for junior college, where he excelled in his science courses and was accepted at the University of California at Berkeley in 1935.

williams1.jpg

"At Berkeley, not only did Mr. Williams continue his academic success, but he earned a spot on the university track team. His running improved and he won the NCAA championships in 1936. That summer, he qualified as one of nine African Americans – alongside fellow track competitor Jesse Owens – to represent the United States in the Berlin Olympic Games. Mr. Williams won gold in the 400 m race, Owens won 5 gold and the US track team brought home 13 medals, thanks to the bravery and fierce determination of these African American athletes in the heart of Nazi Germany.

"Shortly after returning to the US, Mr. Williams' track career ended with a series of hamstring injuries. However, he continued his principal ambition to becoming an engineer; however, campus engineering societies were not open to African American students. Mr. Williams began working as a flying instructor through the Civilian Pilot Training Program, and began training the first black military pilots at Tuskegee Army Flying School in Alabama. These trainees became part of the Fighting 99th Squadron, who distinguish themselves in combat over North Africa, then Italy and the rest of Europe.

120222-F-AW123-003.jpg

"The dire need for wartime weather forecasters gave Mr. Williams the opportunity to put his engineering knowledge into action as a weather officer (lieutenant) forecasting and mapping weather for the military. After the air force was desegregated, Mr. Williams obtained a degree in aeronautical engineering from the Air Force Institute of Technology, and was instrumental (so to speak) in forecasting weather while flying missions over Korea. He made a career as meteorologist for a number of air bases, in New York, Alaska, and California, finally retiring as a lieutenant colonel in 1965.

"After the military, Mr. Williams obtained a teacher's license and taught high school math and computer science in San Francisco. He taught for 20 years and passed away at age 78 in 1993."

And now it is the turn of @BernieParent.
Well my upcoming weatherman pick looks stupid now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->