NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE FIVE! Part Two!

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
doug-armstrong.jpg

GM Doug: I got it, I got it, I'm going to end our picks in this phase and then I'm finally go-
EvilPiercingDragon-small.gif

Daniel Sedin: Got what? What do you have? Is it the best pair of twins to ever play? Because you do. Just ask Henrik. I mean, he'll tell you too. But don't let me put words in your mouth Henrik. I will just talk but then I also want to know what we should be doing as we prepare for the season and I'm also curious if you think we look better both having beards or one without? Does it make it easier for you to tell us apart? Or is that not a bad thing. I just wan-
GM Doug: Damn it!
DS: What?
GM Doug: I forgot my pick with all your yammering.
DS: I wasn't talking that much. Besides, you are doing Dealer's Choice Two so anything is a viable opt-
GM Doug: Argh, I had a great one and now it's gone. I guess I'll work with that.
DS: Speaking of work, so our workouts, are you thinking like pilates or yoga or should we get some kettle bells and sta-
GM Doug: AAARRGGGHHH!

With our last pick of the phase, the Chicago Chimpanzees take Memory as their Team Mental Faculty.

@FlyTimmo , bring it home big guy!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We really wrestled with this final category over at NJFZ headquarters and considered so many different directions, some of which were taken off of the board by other teams. Then, tonight, it hit us! Our club is all about screaming into the void. There's only one proper instrument for that: the Human Voice.

This ancient instrument is incredibly versatile, capable of the quietest whisper or a confounding roar, and is free of charge. To formally celebrate the NJFZ Official Instrument, here's killer live version of Drain You. You can literally feel the scream at the 2:27 mark.

@pit, let's wrap this up!

I don't really mind it, but it's not super reasonable to think that everyone else is going to be silent in the Quackverse, you know what I mean? I'll leave it if you want me to, but it would probably make more sense to pick a specific voice. I mean, I think. I'll pull the curtain back a bit to let you know that I was considering Harriet Wheeler's voice for my team instrument, as an example.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I don't really mind it, but it's not super reasonable to think that everyone else is going to be silent in the Quackverse, you know what I mean? I'll leave it if you want me to, but it would probably make more sense to pick a specific voice. I mean, I think. I'll pull the curtain back a bit to let you know that I was considering Harriet Wheeler's voice for my team instrument, as an example.

I feel like a singing and talking voice are two different things.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

We here at Lakehurst remain steadfast on our pick, but hereby declare that we do not expect anyone to be silent either in the Quackverse or in any other dimension, for a small nominal fee of course. Oh, hell, we'll waive the fee. Except for @Striiker, he's gotta shut the hell up.

We are nothing if not generous.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
I feel like a singing and talking voice are two different things.

People took drums and synths off the board. Not just a particular type of drum or synth, but all drums and synths. The latter in particular threw a wrench in my plans but I figured out a way forward. Everything's gonna be fine.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Your LPP is way below XLPP. Cap is absolutely crushing you, doubling your production. Do better. And shut the hell up.
For the record, I already had 25k posts when the "like" system was introduced. Which means I'm at a LPP of roughly 2.0. So please take that into account, thank you very much.

And if anything, my XLPP is probably in the negative.

So :eviltongu

mja

Jan 7, 2005
My favorite thing about this phase was the way Shit Mountain managed to acquire huge amounts of additional shit.

My second favorite thing about this phase is the way when I go "Let's try to limit the scope of the Dealer's Choice a little" and you guys pick like "Oxygen" and "Memory."

While I did take the Star as my astronomical object this phase, I do have something extremely narrow in scope in mind for a future Dealer's Choice category, if that makes you feel any better.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
My second favorite thing about this phase is the way when I go "Let's try to limit the scope of the Dealer's Choice a little" and you guys pick like "Oxygen" and "Memory."

In this version of #lore, my partial rival @Lord Defect now has a reason why his memory is for shit. Besides, you know, his overall defectiveness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad