NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE EIGHT! Part One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Doug-Armstrong-Main-3.jpg

GM Doug: What do you mean I have to pick again? I'm exhausted. Do you know how much work I put into googling celebrity chicken lookalike earlier? Jesus.
1146950907.jpeg

Alex Turcotte: Excuse me sir, but that's not good behaviour.
GM Doug: What? Who? Hey, didn't I draft you?
AT: Yessir.
GM Doug: So what did I do wrong, other than draft you?
AT: You took the Lord's name in vain.
GM Doug: I did?
GM Doug: When?
AT: Just now.
GM Doug: You must have misheard me. Now how about a bright young boy like yourself earn a signing bonus on your ELC by making a pick for me?
AT: Really? That seems swell!
GM Doug: Yeah, boy it is. Sure is swell. Here's the category list.
AT: Oh, I don't even need to read past the first one sir. I can get you the best in the world for all time.
GM Doug: You, uh, can? And no one has taken it?
AT: That's right.
GM Doug: Well then go for it!
AT: The Chicago Chimpanzees are pleased to select the most important and best selling book of all time with five billion sold - The Bible.
GM Doug: Oh Jesus.
AT: Sir!
GM Doug: WHAT?!
AT: You did it again.
GM Doug: Boy did I. @Chuck Downie , you're up.
AT: You better get to confession.
GM Doug: What I better get is a cut of each book sale. Eesh!

200.gif
Bernie is going to smite you.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Good morning, puppet masters.

3rrbtBI.png

We start the day with @Hurricane28 on the clock, @BernieParent on deck, @Hollywood Couturier on the lido deck, and @Young Sandwich on the lido afterdeck washing his underpants by hand in the hot tub.

Tonight is Asian Cinema Night, obviously, and I think I might watch "The World of Kanako" again, because it's awesome. Funny story - if you watch it, and love it (Spoiler Alert: You Will), you can then go to the Try Hard Garbage Shop and buy merchandise featuring stuff from that film, including - but not limited to - acrylic blocks. Because I'm not just a film lover, or a Japanophile, or a freak - I'm also a damned businessman dammit.

Today is the perfect day to choose a Standalone Book or to re-draft a Non-Defunct Sports Franchise, ajgoal, or think of a Historical Figure to raise from the dead and put in your [REDACTED} for the journey through time and space to the new place. It's probably going to be grim for the first many hours, but then let's take off and get 'er done, like a chicken with its innards bursting to poo and a perfectly good patio to aim at. NEE-HAW!
tenor.gif

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Team Stand Alone Book: Moneyball by Michael Lewis describing the early 2000s Oakland A’s. Part of the beginning of a new way of thinking in baseball that eventually took over the whole league. A very interesting read. A pretty good movie too.

this barely beat out The Big Short by the same author; which was also a tremendous read.
@BernieParent

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Apologies, again, for the delay. Work + this site has been a real [REDACTED] today. It has taken me 20 minutes to make this post!

"The Tampa Bay FireSticks ownership are enormous fans of Disney, and the musical accompaniment to their decades of wonderful family-friendly films has been nothing short of magical. Despite a wealth of contemporary film tracks featuring very worthy choices for this draft category, we will travel far back into the Disney library to a film made expressly for the songs it contains. Fantasia was first released in 1940, the third animated Disney film, and included eight animated segments set to pieces of classical music, seven of which are performed by the Philadelphia Orchestra. From this treasured film, which was ranked by the American Film Institute in 1998 as the 58th greatest American film and 5th greatest animated film, we are very pleased to select Modest Mussorgsky's A Night on Bald Mountain as our franchise Disney song. Despite its demonic depiction in the film, it is a hauntingly beautiful classical masterpiece.

@Hollywood Couturier, it is your turn at the microphone.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Apologies, again, for the delay. Work + this site has been a real [REDACTED] today. It has taken me 20 minutes to make this post!

"The Tampa Bay FireSticks ownership are enormous fans of Disney, and the musical accompaniment to their decades of wonderful family-friendly films has been nothing short of magical. Despite a wealth of contemporary film tracks featuring very worthy choices for this draft category, we will travel far back into the Disney library to a film made expressly for the songs it contains. Fantasia was first released in 1940, the third animated Disney film, and included eight animated segments set to pieces of classical music, seven of which are performed by the Philadelphia Orchestra. From this treasured film, which was ranked by the American Film Institute in 1998 as the 58th greatest American film and 5th greatest animated film, we are very pleased to select Modest Mussorgsky's A Night on Bald Mountain as our franchise Disney song. Despite its demonic depiction in the film, it is a hauntingly beautiful classical masterpiece.

@Hollywood Couturier, it is your turn at the microphone.

Top tier choice in this category.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Doug-Armstrong-Main-3.jpg

GM Doug: What do you mean I have to pick again? I'm exhausted. Do you know how much work I put into googling celebrity chicken lookalike earlier? Jesus.
1146950907.jpeg

Alex Turcotte: Excuse me sir, but that's not good behaviour.
GM Doug: What? Who? Hey, didn't I draft you?
GM Doug: So what did I do wrong, other than draft you?
AT: You took the Lord's name in vain.
GM Doug: I did?
GM Doug: When?
AT: Just now.
GM Doug: You must have misheard me. Now how about a bright young boy like yourself earn a signing bonus on your ELC by making a pick for me?
AT: Really? That seems swell!
GM Doug: Yeah, boy it is. Sure is swell. Here's the category list.
AT: Oh, I don't even need to read past the first one sir. I can get you the best in the world for all time.
GM Doug: You, uh, can? And no one has taken it?
AT: That's right.
GM Doug: Well then go for it!
AT: The Chicago Chimpanzees are pleased to select the most important and best selling book of all time with five billion sold - The Bible.
GM Doug: Oh Jesus.
AT: Sir!
GM Doug: WHAT?!
AT: You did it again.
GM Doug: Boy did I. @Chuck Downie , you're up.
AT: You better get to confession.
GM Doug: What I better get is a cut of each book sale. Eesh!

200.gif

The Bible isn't a book. It is a collection of books, and therefore ineligible for this category. This is the case I plead to the benevolent Quackverse overlords.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Apparently you can only watch it at the Ghibli museum in Tokyo. I didn’t even know about this until now. :eek:

It floats up on youtube from time to time. The shorts also rotate through the museum, so there's no guarantee as to which one is there.

That's definitely on our list of places to visit when we go over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->